New L1A1 from Ares..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New L1A1 from Ares..?

for info the wooden stocked verisons were still doing the rounds in the RAF in the early 90's. If anyonw wants to replace the wooden ARES furniture then getting the RS stuff is difficult but you can check out here for repro stuff.
    http://www.silvercrescentindustries....?line=FAL-L1A1
    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Comment

I know that at least some of the Rock Apes had wooden furniture in the first Gulf War.

Comment

I was RAMC based out of Ryhad in GW1 and we had all wood kit'ed ones in our armoury .
        From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

Such Joy, Will it go the way of their wooden stocked correct bolt position Thompson 1928 though?
          sigpic.
          Never underestimate the power of human stupidity......................................... ..
          Especially mine.

Comment

I hope they make the barrel out of something stronger than pot-metal.

When I was in (Queens Own, '79~'80) all ours were black plastic.

Comment

Well aries have dropped the ball again ! It's running at around 390fps all vary good if your site allows locked semi dmr's ( non of my regulars do) so you'll have to down grade and hope it don't go t*ts up as your stuffed for opening it ! There asking FROM £440 for the plastic god knows how much the wood will cost ! And the real ball breaker is they've got the dimensions wrong ! It's nearly 3inches too short ! FFS get a grip !

Comment

Is that from the actual finished/ retail product (and not the pre-production version like on some videos floating around youtube from another retailer)?

That is highly disappointing... apparently the one I pre-ordered will be available for me to collect next week....

Comment

Well apparently yes I'm afraid on another well known forum someone posted up they'd asked ares direct a few questions about it , had had an answer back quite quickly but when he asked about the incorrect length they went quiet , plus on a couple of international sites the length is listed as 44inches and the correct length is 46.46inches long , I know it's not much and most wouldn't notice but I (and a hell of a lot of other ex-squaddies ) would . The FPS is listed as 390 on most other sites but on the ares site is listed as350-380 ! Come on Ares 30FPS difference !
                  Im really disappointed if it does all turn out to be true as well as quite frankly I'd sell my left nut for the wood furnitured one !

Comment

How the f#ck do they get it so wrong, when by re-releasing it their acknowledging the high demand for it ?, did they think no one would notice, ffs it's not an m4, that has about 800 derivatives.
                    Were the earlier releases also incorrect in the dimensions?

Comment

Given their dog's dinner of the PPSH-41 (and the S&T clone of it) it's not much of a surprise. Have they made any good guns at all? I saw a video of their first attempt at the SLR and they'd built it with a flaw where the nozzle got snapped off if the rifle was broken open during a field strip. How does something like that get past the design stage? Oh yeah, via the same process that sees inches in length mysteriously lost. The level of incompetence, or sheer couldn't-care-less is genuinely baffling.

Comment

Ha, it was probably me under another username!
                        I messaged ares on their Facebook page but all they said to me was:

Hello

It have not short 2". Thank you
                        There never replied to me asking for the actual barrel length etc after that, so based on that replied I was (hoping) that they have since corrected it...shame.

The weird thing is, if you look on the Ares faceache page... they have 2 different lengths for the same rifle.
                        My guess is that the stock is making up the length differences, but I wanted to hang onto the small glimpse of hope that they have corrected the barrel for their actual retail models...

The old L1A1s were apparently the correct length...

I must say I'm kinda regretting pre-ordering it now.
                        Once I get my grubby mitts on it I'll post the actual length (with pics..)...

Comment

I have emailed the retailer from whom I have pre-ordered, requesting conformation of the length and pointing out that, if it is wrong, I will not be proceeding and will be requiring a refund of the deposit and the cost of the extra magazines.

If this is the case, it is staggeringly disappointing and a complete cock-up by Ares.

Comment

I just received this:

"Yes it was pre production and I bet Mr ARES lost it a bit when it was
                            pointed out! They have amended the barrel and they should be with us within
                            the next week, the flash hider will be detached and included separately as
                            they had already produced the boxes!!"

Keep calm and carry on.

Comment

I really hope that is true...

So whilst checking my Faceache at work (tut tut!) I saw Ares's latest reply to me saying that even their specifications (that they posted on their Facebook) suggests it's 2 lengths... of which 1 is shorter than the other by 2 inches....

Comment

Think I'll start a crowdfunding page so I can fly out to Ares HQ just so I can stand on a stool in the middle of there office and shout "can I have all your attention please ! This is my arse and this is my elbow , can you tell the difference ? !"

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Taff Find out more about Taff
                                Working...
                                X