Tokyo Soldier (Umarex) TS SX9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tokyo Soldier (Umarex) TS SX9

Just saw these on a retailer and I am curious about it, any one know more about it? It comes with both a spring and gas bolt, and is a shell ejector as well.

Re: Tokyo Soldier (Umarex) TS SX9

Umarex re brand things so it has to be a modified clone of an existing boltie as far as I know. The retailer are friendly enough, if you are interested in buying it just give them a call... if you can understand them that is :D

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

Iv got one, its fantastic, definatly worth 160.

Comment

Originally posted by brewer17 View Post
        Iv got one, its fantastic, definatly worth 160.
        I was thinking after this just gone GZ I might go sniper....
        Reckon it's a good choice for a beginner?

I'd *really* like to go for a P90, but after two years with a short barrel (in my MP5k PDW) I'm fed up with not having range outdoors, plus kinda feel like a change.

I'm thinking either try something like this, or go for a cheap clone M14 or similar, maybe the CYMA M14 - I don't like clones per se, but can't justify spending £200-400 on a gun I'm not sure I'll agree with
        Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 31 August, 2010, 10:33. Reason: retalier link removed

Comment

Originally posted by acra View Post
          I was thinking after this just gone GZ I might go

I'd *really* like to go for a P90, but after two years with a short barrel (in my MP5k PDW) I'm fed up with not having range outdoors, plus kinda feel like a change.

Do you realise how daft that comment is, the TM P90 has one of the best AEG hop units out there and is one of the highest ranged AEGs going out of the box, not even going to get into the barrel length vs range argument :D

Comment

Isnt that a W700? They are pretty good rifles, my squad sniper uses it over his TM L96 (Due to its smaller and lighter and they have a similar perfomance)

Comment

Originally posted by ThePope View Post
              Do you realise how daft that comment is, the TM P90 has one of the best AEG hop units out there and is one of the highest ranged AEGs going out of the box, not even going to get into the barrel length vs range argument :D
              I was just thinking physics - to be honest mate my only gun has been the short thing, so I just figured that a more powerful, longer barrelled gun with a heavier projectile should get more accurate long range shots

Beside that, I rather having a little more realism - so a sniper would have a scoped rifle. Then again, after this weekend of every gun being able to be used as a 1000+ shot support weapon "hose the bush" style gun, I doubt I'll get my wish of realism any time soon :/

Cheekymonkey: Thanks for that helpful comment Maybe I'd have linked ZeroOne if a; their site was structured in a way that allows easy linking and b; if they actually stocked the gun. As is, I merely linked the other site as it's the only place I've seen it!

Comment

Aye fair comment mate! Would have to say if you don't want to waste too much cash and want a rifle you can upgrade the tits out of if you so wish then can't get much better than a TM Gspec, Z1 even sell them in fully upgraded flavours but I'm digressing a bit considering this is in the news section :D

Comment

Aye fair comment mate! Would have to say if you don't want to waste too much cash and want a rifle you can upgrade the tits out of if you so wish then can't get much better than a TM Gspec, Z1 even sell them in fully upgraded flavours but I'm digressing a bit considering this is in the news section :D
                  I'll put a last bit of digression here :P
                  Mate of mine has one of those, it's not too bad, though quite heavy - I'm just too fussy! :D
                  I'm gonna do a bit of research and see what's what I think, I like the look of the Umarex rifle, but I haven't heard of them before as a make, which makes me cautious.

Comment

Umarex isn't a make mate, its a brand. They buy licences for other AEG's and trademarks and re brand them as Umarex. Such as KWA for their H&K pistols and Ares for their G36's.

Comment

Umarex isn't a make mate, its a brand. They buy licences for other AEG's and trademarks and re brand them as Umarex. Such as KWA for their H&K pistols and Ares for their G36's.
                      I think I'm grossly misunderstanding clones here - I thought that all clones were just sub-standard versions of 'regular' guns!
                      If that's the case with this gun, I'll look around for the 'original' as it were, and get reviews on that too - there's not many english sites for the Umarex one.

Cheers though Pope, you're teaching me a thing or two I didn't know, even though I've been airsofting for two years!

Comment

UMAREX isn't a clone mate its like Cybergun, they take existing airsoft weapons (be it cheap Chinese guns or high price brands) and put their name on them or in the case of H&K they buy the licence for real steel trademarks.

They have basically taken a Tokyo Soldier (make) SX9 and stuck their UMAREX brand on it.
                        Last edited by ThePope; 30 August, 2010, 21:28.

Comment

Hmmmm, any idea if it is VSR part compatible?

Comment

isn't this a re release of the UHC Super 9?
                            I had one a long time ago, and it wasn't skirmishable...
                            nice for a plinker though
                            CBMPC:TV! youtube channel - here! - game footage, random adventures, reviews and much more coming soon!

Follow the CBMPC! airsoft team on twitter @cbmpc

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Abbadon101 Find out more about Abbadon101
                            Working...
                            X