Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madbull Target Only BB's

These look interesting.

I understand why the Glass ones would be fround upon for game days but why should the Aluminium ones not be used in game?
    Last edited by sj_asc; 6 July, 2010, 00:52. Reason: Link to other retailers removed

Re: Madbull Target Only BB's

I think the last thing we need is people to think we shoot glass and metal at each other.

Comment

Due to the damage they would cause to people, perhaps?
      Dunno, just a guess

Comment

surely it would'nt hurt anymore as same weight?

Originally posted by Metalbody
        pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

Re: Madbull Target Only BB\\\'s

Originally posted by private parts View Post
          surely it would\\\'nt hurt anymore as same weight?
          Yes but to be the same weight they would have to be a lot smaller in size. So they\\\'d be too small for an AEG anyways.

Of the site:

\"We state again: NOT FOR SKIRMISHING\"
          Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
          Just because something is in Transformers 2 doesnt make it real.

Comment

Probably would be fine, just makes for bad headlines!

Comment

Glass would likely shatter upon impact, thus rendering mesh goggles and masks useless and dangerous. Also plastic has a flex that helps dissipate the spread of the impact force. Metal wouldn't have this characteristic so in theory should hurt alot more

Comment

If someone shot metal BBs at me I'd be majorly ****ed off. And probably thrown off site for my reaction.

Comment

Re: Madbull Target Only BB\'s

Originally posted by psirus101 View Post
                  If someone shot metal BBs at me I\'d be majorly ****ed off. And probably thrown off site for my reaction.
                  What sh*tting yourself, didn\'t know they could throw you off for that :p
                  Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                  Just because something is in Transformers 2 doesnt make it real.

Comment

You've never been to my local then, they're well strict.

Comment

Well no one is suggesting that the glass ones should be used for skirmishing but I see no reason that the metal ones cant be used.

Just for the record the Aluminium BB would have exactly the same kinetic energy as any normal 0.3g BB so what they are made of makes no difference at all. So why not use them?

Comment

I don't know if there would be any major concerns toward injuries but just the fact the someone is lobbing bits of metal at me wouldn't exactly invoke my favour, it wouldn't matter if the metal as small and lightweight I think I'd still have a sense of humour failure.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatblokewiththeScar. View Post
                          the Aluminium BB would have exactly the same kinetic energy as any normal 0.3g BB so what they are made of makes no difference at all. So why not use them?
                          this is what im thinking

Originally posted by Metalbody
                          pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

Originally posted by ThatblokewiththeScar. View Post
                            Just for the record the Aluminium BB would have exactly the same kinetic energy as any normal 0.3g BB so what they are made of makes no difference at all. So why not use them?
                            Please re-read what i posted. Plastic ones have flex so dissipate the energy better. Hence why you shouldn't re-use bb's. If someone shot me with a metal bb i'd happily sue them. As insurance covers being shot by a plastic projectile within fps limits

Comment

Aluminium .3s have been made before. Used at airsoft sites too. As have steel .87s, but that's rarer as it's neigh on impossible to make them practical to fire from a gun. Glass is a different matter, and not only is the brittleness of glass an issue, but the fact if it's left in the sun, it could potentially set fire to dry ground or leaf-litter underneath.

I think the Bioval BB arguments have been made on this forum before, but maby you've all forgotten about that now. The harder the BB, the less it'll hurt a human target. It will however cause more damage to stuff like mesh goggles, and any glass that may be around, or other solid materials around the site. It's interesting physics for sure. The bioval BBs were not glass, but hardened plastic or composit or something, and they didn't concentrate the light enough to cause a fire. It's plausable the glass ones wouldn't either, I'm just not sure on that.

Here's the testing from Levante labs of the Bioval BBmax .27.
                              sigpic
                              Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
                              I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ThatblokewiththeScar. I am 43 Married with one Son. I dislike people who are Unfair. I will always help if I can. Find out more about ThatblokewiththeScar.
                              Working...
                              X