new tightbore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new tightbore?

Hey guys i've seen a new tightbore on a common airsoft site, I'm not sure how obvious a clue I can give, or I may be gunned down by the mods...

But what I think I can give as a clue is their initials are AW... and it happens to be a .net site...

Anyway, I've seen a tightbore barrel series branded as "Excel Silver Streak 6.01mm Match Tightbore"

I havn't heard of these in the tightbore world, and £35 for a 6.01 tightbore doesn't sound such a bad deal...

I presume they are made by Excel who make pretty good BB pellets :D but I havn't heard of them making barrels before

Has anyone had any experience with these before?

Re: new tightbore?

Hey

From what i know they are not made by Excel who make the bbs they are made by a company who are a very new which have just started up in HK or somewhere in that region. Im not sure what the quality is like but i presume it is pretty good as they are a small company so there quality may be better and if they are selling at that price then i would expect them to be good.I also belive that the Army of Who masks are made by the same company.

Toby

Comment

Ahh right, thanks for that

From my knowledge £35 for a 6.01 tightbore is a pretty good deal, so when I get my VSR I think I'll try it out, and If if like it, I might put it in my g36 when I get it too

Comment

Just remember if you use a 6.01 in the g36 use good quality bbs and clean the barrel frequently

Comment

Yes I'll make sure :D

Thanks

Comment

for ~£35 in a G36.. I would go for a madbull black python. top top notch performance guaranteed. and also, 6.03 would be better for a full auto AEG really.
            Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

Why would having a 6.03 be better than a 6.01? I know madbull are a good brand, and I've got one of their tightbores in one of my guns at the moment, but a 6.01 would mean better accuracy over the 6.03 shouldn't it?

Comment

I don't believe the difference between a 6.03 & 6.01 is anything you'd really notice. Infact some people say that a 6.03 is better as you have a better cushion of air for the BB to travel on!

Save up for a TK Twist barrel, they about £40 - £45. Very interesting results

Comment

For a sniper though, a 6.01 would be better than a 6.03 though? Or are you saying that a 6.03 would be better for that? I can kind of see where you're coming from for an AEG though..

Comment

Maybe, maybe not.

The problem is the whole internet is full of wild claims in either direction, hardly ever backed up by more than guess work.

I like this article, as somebody has actually taken the time to do some real tests. Not just head out following weekend and say 'It seemed better'!

http://www.renegaderecon.com/article_details.php?id=7

Comment

Thanks for that, thats a very good article actually

Even after reading the article though, I still think I will continue to upgrade my guns

But it will make me think a little more I do so...

Thanks very much

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

da1994 Find out more about da1994
                      Working...
                      X