Madbull UAV Testing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Madbull UAV Testing!

companies like Stirling and TA events would be the likely customers i'd think for a product like that
    Systema PTW M4A1 - TM M14 - KSC Glock 17 - WE 1911 MEU - TM Hi Capa race gat

Comment

Hmmm 15,000 dollars or make one your self from a RC helicopter and a wifi camera? I know which I would do.

Comment

That's why you pay so much for there products.. They obviously have money to burn developing something that is pointless..

What's next the 'Madbull Spy Satellite' - watch your team mates/enemies from outta space using F*&^ing expensive thermal imaging...
        DJ AoS
        HIT Team -****** ***** Woodland
        Gunless

Comment

Originally posted by DJ AoS View Post
          That's why you pay so much for there products.. They obviously have money to burn developing something that is pointless..

What's next the 'Madbull Spy Satellite' - watch your team mates/enemies from outta space using F*&^ing expensive thermal imaging...
          I demand a UCAV =) Fit a fook loada guns on that UAV and then i'll be satisfied! =-)

Comment

Do a google search for "parrot ar drone" cheap at 1% of madbulls cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If it had a replics 107mm Howitzer that fired 40mm moscarts, and an movable AEG on the front.........hhmmmmm..... nah, still rather buy a cheap car and mount 2 miniguns onto it for less.

Comment

I'm supprised no-one uses UAV's in milsims.

I have a RC aircraft in my loft that was capable of lifting a 4lb payload .. Specificaly a VHS-C camcorder. turned on before take-off it would record the entire flight. This was 15+ years ago.

With the advances in digital imaging and telemetry it should be very easy to home build a USAF style drone complete with realtime video.
                The cost would be less that £200 for the drone and engine and RC kit + whatever electronic package you wish to carry..
                Slow flying with a ducted fan or shrouded prop it should safe enough even if it was shot down and hit someone/something.

Any form of RC helocopter whould NOT get through H&S on any site. Even my small 6cc powered Helos carry a lot of energy in the rotors. If you to hit someone at full power you could kill them.

I would happily build a drone for my site but it would be useless due to the total cover from the canopy of trees ...unless some one can loan me a FLIR pack for the front ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by DJ AoS View Post

rofl sig worthy.

Nah they will have remote AC130's next

Comment

ive seen were you can buy these parrot drones ,tisane mensions them
                    theyre 300 for one thats got a camera
                    am i allowed to say the link as its not airsoft related at all?
                    thanks

p.s need an iphone or ipod to use it
                    I AM A NOOB ON A MISSION!!!

Comment

The parrot has a cam front and bottom, unfortunatly yes you do need an iphone or ipod touch to fly it but how cool would that be, whip out the ipod and get a top down view of the battlefield.
                      And it looks a peice of p to fly too, will even hover on its own.

Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 26 August, 2010, 20:03.

Comment

what kind of range is on the parrot drone though? as it would need to be prety decent to be any real use
                        PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

I would say its only going to be wifi range as thats how its connected to the phone/pod.
                          But in a open cqb enviroment that would be plenty.
                          Also what happens when the operator gets hit while using it???
                          Can it be left to hover, or would it have to come down??

Comment

tbh its pretty pointless, in a cqb environment there are alot of obsticals also it would get hit by bbs often
                            PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

its cool though
                              I AM A NOOB ON A MISSION!!!

Comment

Looooks EPIC. Could be perhaps a 'perk' of some sorts when you complete and objective? I.E. Similar to how the perks work on MW2. No flaming now...I hate MW2...but it would make things more interesting. Even more so if You could mount a gun to it.

Yeah I play Bad Company too much

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

FunkycHUNKY Scotsman Lost in England Find out more about FunkycHUNKY
                                Working...
                                X