Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

God Forbid, Being Seen As Weird As Airsoft!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: God Forbid, Being Seen As Weird As Airsoft!

Originally posted by ratty1968 View Post
    School policy is to discourage violent games, such as bulldog, war games, cowboys and indians, etc.
    Ratty
    They wouldnt have like my old primary school, we used to play grass wars...which for 6 year olds was a very organized military conflict in which you would attempt to steal the other teams valuable reserves of grass...the main flaw being that to get you objective you had to hurl vast quantities of grass anyway...good fun though, though me most of my airsofting tactics :D

Still, I do like this bit:
    "They don't want the general public assuming that the typical paintballer is like Mike Watt from the cult comedy Spaced, kitted out in camouflage gear, warpaint, an ammo belt, a knife, Rambo-style bandanna and two guns."

Hands up who knows at least one airsofter like that :D

Comment

Originally posted by your evil twin View Post
      "They don't want the general public assuming that the typical paintballer is like Mike Watt from the cult comedy Spaced, kitted out in camouflage gear, warpaint, an ammo belt, a knife, Rambo-style bandanna and two guns."

Hand up. I think i pretty much am that airsofter
      G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
      RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

That episode is so funny too, I loved it....that one, and the imaginary gun fight.

Comment

Hand up for mikey (aeviv). The two guns'll probably be M60s though.

Comment

Originally posted by your evil twin View Post

Hmm, I don't think I know anyone like that...

... oh, it must be me then :D

Comment

Originally posted by Kev.D View Post
              My childrens school have banned conkers due to Nut Allergies for crying out loud!
              I've had a serious nut allergy the whole of my life, and played conkers as a child aha, i swear its not even a nut ?

Comment

the fact is every time people ask whats airsoft? you have no choice but to say paintball, unless you wish to get into an indepth talk about it or send them the wikipedia link. And my uncle thinks that H of ground zero is traning us airsofters to become terrorist and one day rise up! he has now even blocked all comms with me Truth of the matter is that H should let a camera crew in on a sunday skirmish and show them what we really do! Then we may no longer be considerd geeks!!!!
                "Ghost.... Get in my box"

TRADER FEEDBACK http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t...ghlight=mad212

Comment

Originally posted by aeviv View Post
                  Personally i think video games probably get a worse deal that airsoft. in BOTH of the recent shootings, Alabama and Germany, both were found to have played counter strike and the media tried to blame that. Trouble is, fewer and fewer people are accepting that argument as valid, hence why combat sports are getting more flak. What i what to know though, is why other 'combat sports' such as martial arts and fencing dont draw as much attention. I mean, i fenced for about 5 years, i was pretty good. Now if i went out tomorrow and stabbed a guy, my fencing club, instructor or anyone else related would recieve NO media attention or official or unofficial flak. However, i recon the airsoft community might well get a few pot shots, DESPITE the fact fencing instructed me how to use a knife (not lethally mind, im trying to demonstrate a point). Or if i got in a fight after becoming a black belt and killed the guy i was fighting, Karate or Judo wouldnt be responsible, it would have been drugs or violent movies
                  This is exactly why we need the UKAPA, an organisation that will represent the sport and its people in a good light, and form an official body that releases press articles etc commenting on these stories. It's up to us to do it guys, our sport/hobby needs us
                  WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

you think if all the so called "smart" people in goverment, had half a brain thay would realise just wot the girl in the video says is true.

ITS A GREAT WAY TO BLOW OFF SOME STEAM !!!!!!!!!!!!! lol and airsoft just as much if not more so, i think i always leave fealing very chilled out on a sunday. Cant say ive ever felt like gunning down a load of grannys while there having tea n cakes on the way home
                    hello

Comment

Originally posted by mad212 View Post
                      Truth of the matter is that H should let a camera crew in on a sunday skirmish and show them what we really do! Then we may no longer be considerd geeks!!!!
                      It's a good idea, but I have a feeling they'll think we're more geeky if they see what actually happens at skirmishes.
                      http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a314/cliftond/lampard.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Hi guys,

please ignore / correct me if i say anything wrong here, but just my suggestion to try and help a bit.

I've just posted a message over on this thread

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16081

basicly saying that I would like to start the hobby, At the moment I cant afford to get a "Evil, garenteed to kill a person even if you shoot them in the foot, two tone, replica bb gun" for a few more weeks so I have plenty of time to sit here reading various bits on the net, more over the ones concerning UKARA & law.

To me, it seems a right pain in the behind just to get started, having to play at least 3 between 2-12 months, having to pay for hired AEG's during that time (which i work out would cost about half of what i need to buy a nice RIF) then becomeing a member etc etc (yes i agree that all of this a good idea, but the public need to be made awear that our RIF's are bought & sold much like shotguns/rifles, as in, the UKARA membership is much like a firearms licence)

blah blah blah, i'm rambaling now

so to my point, My partner is an ammature documentary producer, I've just had a word with her & shes gonna have a chat with her camera man, but, if all goes well, we would be happy to make a short film about airsoft, it might only get as far as youtube, but atleast thats something right? (failing the camera man, we will still go ahead & use a hand held camcorder, just wont be as high quality)

was thinking something along the lines of a short film following me (yes i love myself, i need to be the center of attention) for say 6 months of starting airsoft, clips about how hard it can be for a starter to get gear, showing what players are like, especially the bit when everyone takes a break at lunch time & opposing teams are happy to sit together around the barbie etc etc, trying to get some insight to the hosts of the game-sites, maybe seeing how it goes, producing a few short films all looking at different aspects of the hobbys, showing retailers & techys, just generally trying to get on film that airsofters (is that a word??) are not blokes with toy guns or budding terrorists in training etc

yeah, so i hope you catch my drift, would this be of any use to you guys?

Votkov

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jagillham Find out more about jagillham
                        Working...
                        X