Specter Modular Weapons?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specter Modular Weapons?...

As above, seen these recently on ******* armoury. does anyone have any info on these? as i have seen nothing about them or their brand
    CA & JP Rifles SPR (Upgraded)
    CA M4A1 SPC

Re: Specter Modular Weapons?...

apparently they are made by VFC a local site i know of is selling them. don't know much about them but the idea seem great

Comment

Had a look at one today. Fascinating concept, would work theoretically... Clever too!

You can buy around 15 different receivers for it, upper and lower, with different RIS lengths, stocks etc. They seem very solid, I might actually get one. Perhaps.

Expensive though... £173 for the RAS receiver they had there, then you need a lower which is even more money.

Apparently you can take mag out, take upper off and put different upper on, then re insert mag in less than 30 seconds.

Mental.

Comment

Really? if so may be investing in these later this year or next christmas maybe earlier if i can get these 2 foo fighters tickets sold. Wonder if you could carry different upper effectively in a skirmish, Idea CQB/Assault weapon swap upper and you could have yourself a 400-500 fps DMR.
        Originally posted by Tiercel
        I have a feeling this will be about as popular as a Magpul salesman at an AK convention.

Comment

they are awesome. I had a play with one today, they are ridiculous strong and real nice to hold they are made by VFC and as for expensive how much would it cost to buy a VFC m4 for cqb and then a standard m4?
          Originally posted by iNK
          Tokyo Marui? Can't say I have ever heard of them. Sounds like some sort of Ramen soup. Are you sure you are not reading off the back of a take-away flyer?

Comment

Very expensive new hobby in a hobby!? good for those moments where its like

"yo im too tacticool for this i need a dmr!" and boom you got one in your bag!

Comment

You just need a few friends to have their own lowers and each buy different uppers. Then you can swap
              Originally posted by iNK
              Tokyo Marui? Can't say I have ever heard of them. Sounds like some sort of Ramen soup. Are you sure you are not reading off the back of a take-away flyer?

Comment

That is basically the idea. Say you were using a DMR upper, you come across a compund etc, get teh CQB one out, or any shorter one, slap it (optics already attached, and your sorted).

They were VERY solid.
                Will post pics of brochure if wanted.

100th Post.

Comment

Any PROOF on these being built by VFC? (Ie, not just a forum member [on any forum] saying these are VFC?)

Furthermore, how much different is it from what we have now?

I can get a Front set (Muzzle, outer barrel, RIS, upper receiver) from an M4 and attach it straight onto my Rear set (lower receiver, stock).

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

I like this idea and I already do it with my ICS, but I'm wondering how they compensate for the change in inner-barrel length when you go from an M4 CQB to M16 upper? These don't look to have split-gearboxes or interchangeable springs... anyone have any ideas

Comment

Extremely good question... Unless they have one rear end for 363mm + and one for 363 or less.

It's a problem I would face in the above, but still!

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

I've had a detailed look at these in the aforementioned shop. They are made by ASG (effectively CA unless they own VFC as well). The upper reciever is all the external parts visible and the inner barrel and hopup are intergrated into the reciever in a way that they don't fall out. As a result all that is required is to pop the usual pin out infront of the mag well, slide the reciever off, put the new one on, pin back in, gd 2 go.
                        "What are you doing?"
                        "Helping!!!"
                        "You've got a screw driver!!!!"

Profile Picture courtesy of Ambush Adventures Photographer Jacqui Williams

Comment

Originally posted by spitviper View Post
                          .....As a result all that is required is to pop the usual pin out infront of the mag well, slide the reciever off, put the new one on, pin back in, gd 2 go.
                          Unless you put an upper with the longer inner-barrel than the cylinder can handle... right?

Comment

ASG... ie, the people that now make the V.2 Sten (with hop)?

Definitely don't think they're CA, more so a company to their own. Furthermore, they've rebranded lots of clones, so at that sort of price, I'd hope it wasn't the same company.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
                              ASG... ie, the people that now make the V.2 Sten (with hop)?

Definitely don't think they're CA, more so a company to their own. Furthermore, they've rebranded lots of clones, so at that sort of price, I'd hope it wasn't the same company.
                              I always find the Action Sport Games logo on CA catalogues so I guess they own or are part of the same group as CA.

Originally posted by cpldave View Post
                              Unless you put an upper with the longer inner-barrel than the cylinder can handle... right?
                              If this was the case then it would affect changing the barrel length from CQB to carbine on any M4 wouldn't it? In all reality I should imagine the cylinder is designed to cope with the longest barrel they offer so as to compensate for any effect this might have.
                              "What are you doing?"
                              "Helping!!!"
                              "You've got a screw driver!!!!"

Profile Picture courtesy of Ambush Adventures Photographer Jacqui Williams

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

013753 I am Owen Find out more about 013753
                              Working...
                              X