Clear All

Re: TOP ultimate ejection blowback

Originally posted by LtPurcy View Post
    top have made a gbb m249 doesnt look that spectacular to be honest
    Agreed on that one, I think i'll wait for the WE M249

Comment

Originally posted by 1st commando View Post
      I'll let that comment slide as you probably were not skirmishing long enough to know the M249s we see so often in airsoft today were originally designed by Top and the CA and A&K are clones of them with PGC style gearbox conversion :P
      i have spent over £1200 on top guns, over the 11 years i have been skirmishing. both guns died within 1 hour of their first skirmish.

i found them cosmetically acceptable/average but the internals are pathetic

never again will i buy anything by top
      KA BOOM, die zombies

Comment

In which case you have good reason to be concerned

Comment

Heres my question..are you really going to stop in middle of firefight to pick up your shells? I doubt it! and to be honest i do not think you want to use that feature during gaming, you would more worried about your shells and where they are...so its a waste of money...and more of a wall hanger!...
          Assumption is the mother of F*&% Ups!

Comment

Originally posted by dj2l8b View Post
            Heres my question..are you really going to stop in middle of firefight to pick up your shells? I doubt it! and to be honest i do not think you want to use that feature during gaming, you would more worried about your shells and where they are...so its a waste of money...and more of a wall hanger!...
            Exactly! its a show off piece, you tell me now that if you had that gun, you wouldn't be showing it to all you're friends or shooting it in you're room just for kicks.

If you needed the shells yes, it wouldnt be worth it. it'd be like these shell ejecting K98's. they look (in my opinion) beautiful weapons but unfortunately because you have to go around picking up shells are useless for skirmishing.

however watching these video's, i've seen plenty of AEG firering WITHOUT the shells in the mags, meaning that essentually this is just a regular AEG but with a new gearbox.

which falls to:

A: The added bonus of having a shell ejecting capability (for me) is just PURE WIN!
            B: it'll perform like an AEG and will no doubt (give it afew months or so after the initial release) have after market upgrade parts.
            C: it'll probably be compatible with some current upgrade parts.
            D: the noise, to other's this might be worthless. however for me, i absolutely hate melting myself into the 'game/scenario' and being awoken by 'Zip-zzip-zzipp' gearboxes. As in the video's there was a distinct clack of the bolt opening and closing. which personally i feel even the noise itself is a little more realistic.

But yes, overall. if you needed the shells this would be a bad idea, fun but you'd get bored quickly. however the ability to use it like a regular AEG would be in my opinion an amazing turn around for airsoft.

I'm sure i was going to make a point with all these statements however my microwave has just dinged. That means last night's pizza is warm and ready for consummation. I've forgotten about the point i was trying to make.

cool gun though. i want!

Comment

by the looks of it, you can use both shells and no shells! Tbh i know im getting one for just the fun of it, better start saving now...
              'If you do something you love; you'll never work in your life.'

Fresh mags, and body bags

sigpic

Comment

In fairness, a shell catcher wouldnt look out of place on most taticool m4's. Im sure one could be fabricated to be practical enough.

End of the day its another level of airsoft, maybe not for everyone but something i bet mil-simmers are going to love
                Just my ten pence
                'It shockingly outranges many m16's and ak's. I have taped both mags together for added firepower and reliablity.'

Comment

Sigh. I hate top, making me want another M4 again.
                  I wonder how compatible the receiver is with current M4's...

Comment

I've not heard of Top before. :-/ Surely in good time though, after this Top M4 is released one would expect a few of the other companies to jump into the wagon and produce something similar/same with the possibility of having the better internals and a nicer looking price tag? Has happen pretty much with everything else new that's come onto the market...
                    Democracy: Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
                    Liberty: A well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

TM M4 CQB-R SOPMOD, WE M1911 SILVER x2, KJW MK1, KWA USP .45, KWA MP9 (soon)

Comment

Sorry i did post on this not seeing this one.

But wow nice gun . The gbb looks nice aswell with the ejection and muzzle flash.

I NEED IT
                      Dont Eat What You Cant Fry

Comment

Originally posted by mirlock View Post
                        Sorry i did post on this not seeing this one.

But wow nice gun . The gbb looks nice aswell with the ejection and muzzle flash.

I NEED IT
                        Psst... Its an AEG and there is no muzzle flash...

Comment

Matey, the videro you posted up was of a GBB gun with added effects for the shells, not TOP's new release. It's an AEG that has the a bolt cycle and the option of shell ejection.

Personally, I really really want one.

Comment

Edit i noticed my link was a edited muzzle flash . me bad.

But i do want a top m4
                            Last edited by mirlock; 5 March, 2011, 14:28.
                            Dont Eat What You Cant Fry

Comment

ahh, yeah, not the same thing. some GBB gun with abit of CGI lol.
                              saying that it could even be a blowback AEG with some 'faked' recoil... but regardless. its no way as cool as this Top... :P

the muzzle flashes in that video make it look like it would set fire to the bush i would be hiding behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerbo Knight View Post
                                Do want. Majorly :D
                                I wonder how long it'll take to release?
                                well you can preorder it from some places in hk, for around $555 = £341, but i think an ak version would better imo:D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

LtPurcy Im awesome Find out more about LtPurcy
                                Working...
                                X