New UKARA Airsoft site, Highlands, Scotland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New UKARA Airsoft site, Highlands, Scotland

ArniesAirsoft was good enough to post the news on his site that i will be opening a site in the highlands of scotland.

Highland Tactical Airsoft is opening on the 26th February 2011!
    we will be taking bookings at the start of Feb for the opening day!
    Just north of inverness!

The site is located at the old RAF Tain WW2 Airfield for some large scale outdoor combat in an urban environment all right next to the largest active bombing range in Europe. Standard skirmishes, Objective based games and some Milsim will be happening on a regular basis with some Night games in the winter and some 2 day events in the summer.

Entry starts at £15 and £10 for registered members with UKARA membership & site exclusive patch.

Gun rental will be available on site for £15 (Book in advance for Gun hire)
    Ammunition & Pyro's will be sold on site.

All players must use Biodegradable ammunition.

We will also be retailing Airsoft Weapons & equipment (A catalogue will be available on our site soon)

Check out HighlandTacticalAirsoft.co.uk for contact details and bookings.
    Ages from 11-16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult with permission from parent/legal guardian of which will be followed up by a call!
    *please note that google earth & maps shows the Tain, Ross-shire in the wrong location and that its a fault that has been registered.*

Re: New UKARA Airsoft site, Highlands, Scotland

camping on site? I've worked up there and its out the way!

Comment

yes camping will be available on site for free. we are not that out of the way and is easy to find, as mentioned above do not use google maps as it shows the Tain as being up near thurso when its only 32 miles from inverness.

Comment

What insurance do you have to allow <14 year olds?

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

the insurance company i am with specifies that is covers anyone over the age of 11. if you want to know please pm.

Comment

This is sounding better by the minute. I love Inverness, Youth Hostel is more like a 2 star hotel, it might be worth linking up with them.

Comment

Awesome, im based at Lossiemouth so will be going to this!
              Kier - "Jamie did you really shag that bird in your body armour?"
              Jamie - "No!"
              Kier - "When she asked if you had protection, i think you got the wrong idea mate!"

Comment

good to hear, this site is half uban and half open. the site will be having more buildings added to the open ground over the next year if we can keep attendance up then it will soon be almost all urban. I must point out that we may be doing a night game on opening day but all player wanting to participate in the night will have to own a torch or night vision.

Comment

i just googled tain that made me laugh
                  //We G36e// We G36c // We SA80 //We mp5 a5 //We m4 // G&G G36c // marui desert eagle // kwa usp.45 // well vsr11 // TM UZI // JG G3 // cyma 870 long

Comment

Myself, Mrboo and Urcfreez (maybe a few more) are intending to make the open day an dhopefully many more after that. Newagecommando, i've PMed you on airsofters with my phone number if you need any help setting up.
                    HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

im always needing help, the snow slowed me down a fair bit. will be firing up couple of basic structures, setting up a few more tyres walls and will be all set.

Comment

bloddy hell this site sounds great, will defenetly make a trip in the summer. Come and set one of these up down south will ya...please?

Comment

Originally posted by nick View Post
                          bloddy hell this site sounds great, will defenetly make a trip in the summer. Come and set one of these up down south will ya...please?
                          Wouldn't do you much good in New Zealand!

Comment

Another Scottish airsoft site is good news, especially for those of a northern location.

All the best with getting it up and running! I'll maybe suggest a road trip to the POW regulars for the summer months.

Ryan

POW, Bonnybridge.
                            sigpic

Comment

incase i have not mentioned already we will be taking bookings for open day after the start of Feb. we can take bookings by paypal.

have been out quite a bit, as mentioned before this site going to be a challenge for players as they have no choice but to work together in order to move around because the site is so flat and open. open ground between the control tower down to the border of the area only has tyre walls, rubble and 3-4 basic sheds forcing players to make use of smoke grenades and alot of covering fire. other half of the site has more buildings but still has open pockets of ground with occasional placements of cover to work between. tyres will be used alot as there is thousands on site, until we are up and running we can get a hold of more materials.

if we can keep up a regular attendance more small wooden structures will go up to break the open ground up. it will only improve over time.

we have designated areas with names on a map for use on comms and planning mission orientated games. it is available on the gallery section of our home page.

open day will have a large multi objective game using the whole site, teams will have to split up to cover the site,find boxes with cash & intel and of course interfere with the enemy teams by any means necessary.

there is some images on our face book page but please note we are still setting cover up.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Newagecommando Find out more about Newagecommando
                              Working...
                              X