ICS 2009 Crane Stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ICS 2009 Crane Stock

That is amazing, I want one. Just as long as that elestic, electric stock works as well as it says. has anyone bought one yet?
    Any gun, just as long as its an Armalite.

Comment

Hi,

Since I took delivery of a Crane stock + Battery on Monday morning, I thought I'd join and mention my experiences.

I bought an ICS M4 with fixed stock with the specific intent of fitting a Crane stock - and ICS's sliding track system looks a lot more reliable than other offerings.

Attempting to attach the Crane's Stock-tube I discovered that the 'stump' on the receiver would not allow the wiring to pass through. I've had to machine a small hole bellow the thread to allow the wires from the stock tube to get into the receiver. I'm currently using the mini-Tamiya connectors, but may replace them with deans if I can justify it.

The machining operation has left some slightly sharpened edges which make me a little nervous - but a dob of Silicon sealant or some self amalgamating tape will offer a bit of protection. If you do Machine this component, make sure you blast it with compressed air before installing; you won't want tiny flakes of metal entering the gearbox / electrics.

Another possible source of difficulty is the lack of a fuse, as this is provided on flying leads for both the fixed and collapsible stock versions. Once I'm satisfied with the mod, I may re-do much of the wiring and include an in-line fuse holder in the stock-tube.

I've successfully lost my charging adaptor, so I've not yet test fired

Be seeing you,

Comment

Originally posted by Synthetica View Post
        I discovered that the 'stump' on the receiver would not allow the wiring to pass through.
        Seriously? Which do you have; the earlier one without the long cut-out underneath or the later one with?

Comment

jesus, a trained pumpkin could make the internals of that stock, for the price of a crane stock and common sense

why spend out on that system, when its a simple mod, airsofters are so lazy.

Comment

How do you mean 'take the internals out'?

Comment

im guessing that was directed at me or have i missed something incredibly valuable

Comment

Yes it was. Sorry, misread. It's not a simple mod for everyone. Besides, I don't have the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                  Which do you have; the earlier one without the long cut-out underneath or the later one with?
                  Later version... I'll see if I can take some Photos to illistrate better.

Incedentally The battery pack was shipped with some charge... ROFs pretty nice, but the big reliability question will be answered when I finally get round to skirmishing.

Cheers,

Comment

just out of interest can you measure the size of the cells of the battery pack for me?? Because i am tryin to go to all Lipo batteries and need to find batteries that fitso if you could measure that wonder help me massively.

Comment

Originally posted by music_man613 View Post
                      just out of interest can you measure the size of the cells of the battery pack for me?
                      Off the top of my head they are eight 1.2v Cells, arranged as six AAs down the "Legs" and two 5/7th AAs in the buffer tube.
                      {edit: Look here:}
                      http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/news2/wp-...2/image204.png

When I was thinking of going Li-Poly / Li-ion I was planning on putting 3 of these cells in the handguard:

http://www.batteryspace.com/index.as...OD&ProdID=4144

(2 to one side, 1 + Vreg to the other)

...However, there's not enough room when I have RIS & M203 installed... hence factory cells in the stock.

When I get home I'll give it a quick measure to be certain.

Cheers,

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

music_man613 Find out more about music_man613
                      Working...
                      X