Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Chinese Barrett!

Originally posted by kershmallow View Post
    guys has anybody bought one of these yet? Would be interesting to see what people think.

As for the barrett being "overrated", i think it's a bit harsh. Pieces like Keeper's and Rampage's are stunning, and rare to come across. The huge price tag is needed really, as barretts should be a rarity. I wouldnt want them being the next L96.

One thing i would say though is that Call of Duty 4 has had a huge impact on how people will view the barrett. It's an anti-materiel rifle, and i think it's purpose has been lost, as the millions of small children playing Call of Duty alll believe its used to "shoot people". Im pretty sure these new clones will be swarming across sites in the next few weeks because of this.

You gotta give the sneaky chinese credit though. They spotted a gap in the market, and with the current economic climate, it's no wonder inexperienced airsofters sway towards clones.

So yeah, I still think this new M99 is a piece of Sh*t, unless somebody can prove me wrong. there are some guns that should NEVER be cloned, and the M82 and M99 are two of them.
    You're views are far to elitest for my liking.
    "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

REALLY hoping 2-tone barretts won't exist.....

Comment

Originally posted by Intervention View Post
        REALLY hoping 2-tone barretts won't exist.....

x2. And maybe i am too elitist?
        Cheap Rifle Wrap for Sale!

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...798#post371798

Comment

personally i think that making the rifles expensive just because you want them to be rare is unbelievable. you should make them expensive because they should be outstanding quality and work without a hitch for years.

making it expensive just because you dont want to see thousands of the things everywhere is like saying asda shouldnt make clothes like the designers because you dont want your gucci jeans made common. i think the chinese clones are a good idea in a way but i think people should buy them with some consideration to the fact that they will become common. for instance i refuse to buy an l96 or a vsr because there are thousands of the things everywhere.

sorry to butt in guys but i think that price should be irrelivant in this sport when it comes to brand names and we should all be out there to have fun and be ourselfs.

alright, rant is definately over now.
          TEAM TG: 'TWO TONE'

BRAVO

Comment

Originally posted by neverseemecoming View Post
            personally i think that making the rifles expensive just because you want them to be rare is unbelievable. you should make them expensive because they should be outstanding quality and work without a hitch for years.

making it expensive just because you dont want to see thousands of the things everywhere is like saying asda shouldnt make clothes like the designers because you dont want your gucci jeans made common. i think the chinese clones are a good idea in a way but i think people should buy them with some consideration to the fact that they will become common. for instance i refuse to buy an l96 or a vsr because there are thousands of the things everywhere.

sorry to butt in guys but i think that price should be irrelivant in this sport when it comes to brand names and we should all be out there to have fun and be ourselfs.

alright, rant is definately over now.

No i didnt mean that the original barretts should be £1000 + to just make them rare. Just that i didnt think they shouldve made a chinese clone. I dunno, it just doesnt seem right, as keeper said...they most likely will become commonplace now.

i dont know about you, but i just dont really think that barretts should become really common. Maybe thats just me?
            Cheap Rifle Wrap for Sale!

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...798#post371798

Comment

I think the argument is:

It gives people the chance to own a huge special rifle at a lower cost
              with a trade off that more people will own one

am i on the right lines

Comment

Once everyone has one, they'll go out of fashion again, and become unique once more :D

Fact of life, we're all annoyed when people think our expensive kit is cheap. lol

Got asked today (again!) if my very expensive custom MP5 was the JG RAS. *cries*

Comment

Haha thats unfortunate.

Yeah it makes sense that everyone wants their kit to be special and unique, thing is talking in ground zero terms, quite a few people were in awe over my sig 552

Comment

Originally posted by MiniSnipa View Post
                    Haha thats unfortunate.

Yeah it makes sense that everyone wants their kit to be special and unique, thing is talking in ground zero terms, quite a few people were in awe over my sig 552
                    lol, whys that then?

Comment

Mainly because it had a eotech on it lol

Comment

I how got mine now, was very impressed! full steel stock and alloy barrel.
                        the inner barrel is 6.04mm with no ripples on the inside of bore. indeed the internals are aps but the spring is a 6mm diameter type.
                        I tryed fitting a vsr/bar10 170spring inside with no problems and it cronos at 528 with .20 bb`s a bit hot me thinks. have done a fire test on youtube check it out

Comment

I would like to see this, would you mind posting a link to it. Be a bit easier that way
                          TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Army Armament L85A1
                          Tokyo Marui P90
                          HFC M9 Special Forces
                          KSC Glock 18c

Comment

Aye is ok posting Youtube vids of shooting no?

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

Cool video.

Good to know it can take vsr springs with ease. Now is it this, or the SVD.....

The SVD is calling me because I have plans to get it modded into a Semi auto GBB muahahaha!
                              SAVE OUR SPORT
                              http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

Where is this shooting video only seen the one with music and different views of the gun

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bravotwozero Eyes on. Find out more about bravotwozero
                                Working...
                                X