Halfords Camouflage Spray Paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Halfords Camouflage Spray Paint

i just used a whole can mate about 3-4 coats of primer left to dry for no more than an hour and then sprayed a coat of khaki left to dry then repeated til i had none left but i put extra coats on places like where your hands go and the bottom where its likely to get scraped ect oh and i sanded the plastic first before i primed it i didnt sand the cheek rest and i primed and sprayed the same and it came off after a day's skirmish
    the key is to sand it first

Comment

slightly off topic: but went shopping in halfords for paint a few months back, they happen to sell glow in the dark paint, not had a problem finding my BFG ever since

Comment

Cool, well I think I used enough paint. I left a few bits black like the carry handle, front sight and silencer but i think I will spray them as well now. Put the gun together last night and it looks a bit crap with too much black.

Comment

Some of you are putting far too much effort into spraying their guns, the more slap and tickle the better!

Comment

Used this on my lid 7months back , this stuff is great , I will add you must leave it to cure a week did mine

Lastchancers.co.uk
            Lastchancers.co.uk

Comment

Do I have to rub my rifle down or can I spray streight on top?

Personally i'd think rough it up with some emory cloth? But i've never sprated a gun before.

Comment

Rubbing it down is good but in my experience you do get a little bored of it and just want to start spraying! You can get sprays which act as an adhesive for spray paints, its like a glue iv spray form. They bond to the surface and allow the spray paint a good key to adhere to.

Comment

Cool, yeah it does get abit boring. Any perticular paibt you would recommend?

Comment

Give it a clean wipe over with some fairy washing up liquid diluted, let it dry and the first coat needs to be a very light dust, that way you avoid the silicon fish eye marks if you have it on your gun.

Comment

Ace, thanks alot guys for your help, one last thing though, can I get stencils or something for the semi, full and safe markings for the firing mode?

Comment

Just sprayed my m4 body and stock tube. Think I should give it some clear laquer?

Comment

No, it'll look pooh!

Comment

Lol ok then :-) thanks fpr the advise :-)

Comment

i know this is nearly a necropost but has anyone compared the colours themselves? i have the halfords khaki and was wondering if the krylon one is a good colour match to it? all the pictures of krylon spray jobs i have seen look darker. im not mixing the two i was just pondering wether to gary gordon stylee my m733 and as i have the halfords colour i may as well use it but i wont if they look too different

cheers people

urban

Comment

halfords IS better than Krylon hands down no matter what people say, and its permanent not temporary like krylon the khanki from halfords i have is slightly lighter but not by much

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sgtash Find out more about sgtash
                                Working...
                                X