NEW AWS Raptor drop-in mosfet/controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW AWS Raptor drop-in mosfet/controller

Whilst checking stock on the AWS Pulse, I came across this table of info on the upcoming AWS Raptor

Looks like a Pulse but in the drop-in form factor, which means a huge amount of extras for your gun with no external space taken up.

I like the features of the Pulse, but to get it all PLUS a microswitch trigger is really very cool.

No info on cost other than a guess on arnies of about $80.

I'm looking forward to more details and would be very tempted to pre-order one.
    Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
    Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Re: NEW AWS Raptor drop-in mosfet/controller

it says drop in but will that actually mean? the stealth fet replaces the mechanical trigger. How can it build all those extras into that form factor? or is it drop in to a different place/part in the gearbox?

if it does fit it all in though that is pretty awesome!
    TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Well, it's certainly possible to fit the components in to the space. If you look at the surface mount technology and cnc pick and place manufacturing methods of their other products it's a natural progression.

There must be a switch to monitor the sector gear, but other than that it should all replace the switch block. I suspect it will require some epoxying for the switch but the 'fet' will just dropin. Wiring included?!
      Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

The stealth is the drop in unit with mosfet, the raptor is the same thing but with added burst feature and all the "extras" people have been requesting.

The idea was to produce a stealthfet for every version but demand for m4's and version 2 once again has dominated, frank is adding the extras so there will be two versions.

He promises this wont delay the sopmod stealthfet or the version 3 stealthfet.

Comment

Richardy, any info on timescales?

Comment

Well the stealths are stuck in customs, as they sent the old sized ones, which he adjusted / i had to adjust on installs. The new boardsize is more forgiving. So they had to go back now hes obviously come up with the new design. And sent that through to the factory.

Im not entirely sure what hes playing it, i know he wants to run both models as at the price of the stealth for a drop in fet and micro switch he would be stupid not to keep them. The stealth i think it a great product, and it gives you protection against error by shutting down and removes problems with mechnical triggers you dont even need ab with it. But people are so used to ab and features now in a mosfet that hes been getting constant emails for AB even though the product doesnt need it.

I personally think it will be a while before we see the sopmod and v3 fets... i think hes got the design down for the v2 fet and its easier bringing out two models.

Youll probably see the raptor and stealth in a month or two.

Comment

Was I reading that it was HS5's pressure that gave way to the non AB style. There have been some cases of over run.

To a degree I can see that with the weaker motors and springs you are more likely to get over run. When you consider in the USA they use stronger springs. Obviously the combination of high spring rate and neo magnets will stop the system quite well on it's own. But there is the possibility Rich that you will be using stronger springs and moding gear boxes to have a similar set ups to the ones used in in the good old US of A...lol..

I do hope you don't have to though other wise it will be a night mare...
              Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Pshh hs5 knows bollox all he just speaks it the loudest... and has done for too long.

If he had the room to fit it all on there with the raptor he should have done it in the first place... But it has allowed the stealth to be priced significantly lower which is a plus in my book for those who want the benefit of mosfet with out breaking the bank, those who want mosfet just for features can pay more. hs5 was right in that power handling is preferable over breaking... a more reliable mosfet is worth 10 mosfets which break when you try and install them.

The over run on the stealth is becuase most players dont understand the cut off lever is adjustable. You can increase or decrease the timing. Those who fit the stealth and then run it at high rates of fire with out increasing the cut off time rightly deserve it too overrun its just a shame there complaints tarnish the product.

Comment

Originally posted by richardy View Post
                  The over run on the stealth is becuase most players dont understand the cut off lever is adjustable. You can increase or decrease the timing.
                  Richard any chance you could knock up a guide about adjusting cut off levers for Mosfets? :D

Comment

And here they are...

Mine is already ordered

Comment

Not to thread Hi Jack, BUT. I have been doing some tinkering with a fet I made which is non AB and in the set up it's in there is no over run at arround 25 a sec. I does include Thermal fuses just in case.

I can only assume it has to do with an Ultra torque motor and a cleaner power delivery.
                      Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Now here's a question...

In my Systema V2 Rear-wired box that I'm using in my M16A2 (burst), should I buy this and remove the Trigger Master MK3 mosfet, or keep the current MK3 as she is now?

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

all out of stock
                          sigpic
                          View iTrader Rating Here
                          Looking for Kjw KC-02 Parts(Ra-tech, Kjw, etc..) PM me!

Comment

they sold out in a day. Things like this will. It doesn't take up any room outside the gearbox which is a big plus
                            TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Originally posted by Jamanyar
                              Glad I got my pre-order in!

Now have to sit an wait for it to be delivered.

J.
                              do a video review when they show up please

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Genista Generally like the threechordwonder version of things, but I'm also a techy Find out more about Genista
                              Working...
                              X