Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tokyo Marui Steyr High Cycle AEG

Just saw this on facebook.

"Tokyo Marui just posted more details about their upcoming Steyr High Cycle (HG) AEG and it is priced at JPY36,450 (US$450) for interested players who want the firepower of the High Cycle series of the company. The price may still be lower once officially released. It will take sometime before this AEG reaches shores outside of Japan, but you can ask some retailers in Japan if they are willing to take your pre-orders."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIM8T...layer_embedded

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Re: Tokyo Marui Steyr High Cycle AEG

Incredibly ugly front end.

More discussion on it here:

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=110164

Comment

Aye know that was there but it was a bunch of guns on it, this specifically has the info on AUG pricing etc

Actually like it myself, huge fan of the AUG and would love one of these for a CQB AEG.

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

looks solid, finally tm are using better materials, the ones on some of there earlier guns were horrid, not convinced yet, but it may have to be got in future, if i can put my f2k down :P

Comment

Originally posted by Valkyrie View Post
          looks solid, finally tm are using better materials, the ones on some of there earlier guns were horrid, not convinced yet, but it may have to be got in future, if i can put my f2k down :P
          It'll almost certainly be the same materials as the other AUGs they produce, this is a cosmetic upgrade with the HC style mechbox, not an entirely new model, not that there's anything wrong with the TM AUG. To be fair to Marui, their earlier guns were all plastic, but the best plastic in the business.

TM have a bit of a legacy issue with their products which is taking a long time for them to overcome. They have a massive back catalogue of models which they understandably want to continue producing. This means that a big slice of their range was designed in the 90's, before Full Metal rifles were the norm. What people tend to forget when they are slating TM is that the AEGs that have been produced in the last 7-8 years have all been full metal, I believe every new design from the G36/P90 has been full metal.

Comment

Originally posted by CHIFF_MoA View Post
            It'll almost certainly be the same materials as the other AUGs they produce, this is a cosmetic upgrade with the HC style mechbox, not an entirely new model. Not that there's anything wrong with the TM AUG.

TM have a bit of a legacy issue with their products which is taking a long time for them to overcome. They have a massive back catalogue of models which they understandably want to continue producing. This means that a big slice of their range was designed in the 90's, before Full Metal rifles were the norm. What people tend to forget when they are slating TM is that the AEGs that have been produced in the last 7-8 years have all been full metal, I believe every new design from the G36/P90 has been full metal.
            not sure on that. Some of the newer tm stuff seems to be using nicer plastics. surely it wouldn't be that hard to keep a mould but use a better plastic instead?

I thought tm used to use plastic because of the japanese gun laws? and then they got around it or something
            TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Originally posted by caffin999 View Post
              I thought tm used to use plastic because of the japanese gun laws? and then they got around it or something
              I hear this a lot on forums, but have never seen anything on the internet to back it up. From what I saw at the time ICS and CA started releasing metal bodied RIFs, but they were very poor to start with. Once they got their acts together and started to make a real imact on the market TM reacted and went down the same route.

As to the better quality plastic, I'm not sure about that. I had a play with a High Cycle MP5 recently and it is identical in terms of materials to the MP5SD6 I had circa 2000. The plastic parts on my Pro Line Socom are tougher than TM have used on other models, but the finish isn't as good... which for me is pretty annoying because M4 handguards and stocks are supposed to have a sheen to them. It's like they've coppied how CA do it because thats what the market wants, rather than doing it right!

Comment

Not really jumping out of my seat in anticipation for any of the new TM stuff, tbh. The Sig P226E2 is a bit redundant IMO, and the "new" G36C is just laughable.

On the other hand, the SCAR CQC is a viable option, and the AUG is a bit marmite, love it or hate it. It's better than what they could have done, but I'd have much preferred an AUG A3. Alas, TM makes what TM wants.

Comment

Im not sure what to make of the fire selector TBH, not what it was with their older augs
                  dsgdreamteam

Comment

Still waiting on that god damned M&P!

Comment

i'm actually starting to like this, and thats coming form a person who used to despise everything bulpup that isn't an l85
                      Not to worry about breaking the law, as long as you're healthy.- spetsnazdave87

At which point I would mount my ride, which is a donkey called Akbar, and charge off into the enemy, lighting the grenades as I go

Comment

If the bottom rail on that aug is removable I will probably get one and then whack a big silencer on it.

Comment

I would have preferred a full length A3 but this just looks so gorgeous. Much prettier on the eyes than the A1 and A2s. Just hope it performs well and doesn't cost too much. It's due out in 2 days for the Japanese, wonder how long until we see them over here in the UK.

Comment

Anyone managed to get hold of one yet?
                            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

has anyone got hold of one yet?
                              Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ThePope Find out more about ThePope
                              Working...
                              X