Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Abbey gas

Originally posted by KaRcop View Post
    I'm now intending to contact them and see if I can get my hands on a can for testing. After all, if they're trying to make a good gas and not scam players out of money, then they'll value feedback and won't release it if it sucks!
    What do you think they have been doing at their various sites?

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

Originally posted by ThePope View Post
      What do you think they have been doing at their various sites?
      Well when questioned about how it performs against propane they seem to be avoiding saying anything about it. Really, they've not provided much detail on this and seeing as propane is the gas of choice for us gas-guzzling GBBR users I'd like to know if it's worth considering.

Comment

I asked about how this wonder-gas compared against good old cheap propane and yeh, the answer I got was a little sh*tty.

I find it amazing really. Who in their right mind would want to pay for gas thats almost three times as much AND less powerful than a can of colemans propane? Ok - its not lubed out the can, but you can get around this with maintenance gas now and again and also keeping a pool of it in the propane can reservoir. All my guns run epic (marui and KSC with upgraded doo dars) with no problems.

Unless any new gas is effective, is cheap as chips and can be sent via mail more cost effectively then quite frankly its a complete waste of time taking it to market. Not sure if I want to spend another 8 quid per can just 'cos it smells nice... :S

Comment

Originally posted by Fitch View Post
          I asked about how this wonder-gas compared against good old cheap propane and yeh, the answer I got was a little sh*tty.

I find it amazing really. Who in their right mind would want to pay for gas thats almost three times as much AND less powerful than a can of colemans propane? Ok - its not lubed out the can, but you can get around this with maintenance gas now and again and also keeping a pool of it in the propane can reservoir. All my guns run epic (marui and KSC with upgraded doo dars) with no problems.

Unless any new gas is effective, is cheap as chips and can be sent via mail more cost effectively then quite frankly its a complete waste of time taking it to market. Not sure if I want to spend another 8 quid per can just 'cos it smells nice... :S
          Exactly. I'll put up with the slight smell (I've been firing a few mags just now and don't really notice the smell) of propane given the gigantic advantages!

Comment

Hold on

"we left both mags on a radiator for 10mins"

Wouldnt that alone give an FPS increase over usual Abbey Ultra?

Comment

From what ive read about Ultra, and i found the saftey data PDF's, Ultra gas consists of Propane, Iso-Butane and N-Butane, with lubricant (probably Silicone) added. So this new gas is probably just a Propane/Butane mix without lubricant.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KaRcop I'm a pilot. Find out more about KaRcop
              Working...
              X