Ra-Tech AEG NPAS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ra-Tech AEG NPAS?

Have just seen it called 'SAT-variable velocity device' on a certain retailer's Facebook page. No more information yet, no price. Apparently they're coming soon.

Originally posted by Lonewolf873
    Mods can you please edit the title to shirt as I'm sure 5.11 don't sell shits.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk9Kl...&feature=feedu

Some more for you.

although I'm more interested in what they're doing at the end of the video...
      Last edited by cornishpotshot; 14 July, 2011, 13:33. Reason: spelling

Comment

the readings are still all over the place...
        TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

seems to be about 30-40fps of variance. Not what you'd hope for

Comment

What would you boys say is an acceptable level of consistency? +/- 5 or so?

Comment

Up to 12-15 max for something like this I would say
              TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

You dont know if its the device, the gun or both combined though thats giving the variance.

Comment

im suprised it has any air seal when he just drops the adjustment tool down the barrel like that.. Imagine that catching your hop rubber, seems alot more consistent at the lower FPS. And the syringe test didnt prove much except the last two settings dont let any air through lol

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

Surely RA-Tech have stitched themselves up by providing the neat little case to carry the adjustment tool easily and conveniently!

I think they should sell it with an 8 foot rod so if you need to adjust your fps, you can be seen doing it from the other end of the country :D

Comment

That is actualy a good point.
                      If you have say an MP5 its not going to take much to put a couple of sections of that tool together.

However an L85...lol enough said :D

And who actualy makes it?
                      Ive seen RA-techs video but its not being sold as RA-tech.

Originally posted by Chandler View Post
                      im suprised it has any air seal when he just drops the adjustment tool down the barrel like that.. Imagine that catching your hop rubber, seems alot more consistent at the lower FPS. And the syringe test didnt prove much except the last two settings dont let any air through lol
                      Its not going to catch the hop rubber though is it?
                      Most of the rubber is on the outside of the barrel, and the bit that isnt is around the nozzle, the only tiny bit you could possibly catch is where the nub pushes the rubber into the barrel.

Comment

Its not going to catch the hop rubber though is it?
                        Most of the rubber is on the outside of the barrel, and the bit that isnt is around the nozzle, the only tiny bit you could possibly catch is where the nub pushes the rubber into the barrel.
                        thats the bit im on about. i suppose it would depend on how round the edges of the allen key are aswell..

i agree with the MP5 comment, Will just seperate those who are considerate enough to care about weather they hurt other people
                        and those who just wanna play!

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

I think an 8 foot adjusting tool with a large orange flag on the end should do the trick :p
                          Good idea in concept, but surely ramming a metal tube down the barrel is bound to do some damage?
                          Originally posted by Nun-Chuck
                          Any airsoft loadout that requires you to lubricate yourself before wearing it is frankly not worth the effort.

Comment

That was my first thought. The rod needs to be plastic coated or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluegill View Post
                              What would you boys say is an acceptable level of consistency? +/- 5 or so?
                              Depends what it's for - for a DMR setup ±2fps would be aimed for probably.
                              ±5fps sounds about right for a normal AEG.
                              Others till I die

Comment

it is better to have full compression with a weaker spring than less compression with a harder spring.
                                not just because of the strain on the gearbox but reduces the best performance of the shot for the same fps.
                                its a good idea to fine tune your fps with little work but is it worth risking your gearbox and hop(inserting the screw driver) over a bit of time cleaning and maintaining the innards of your gearbox.
                                Originally posted by DCRISP07
                                An argument over screws, only on Zeroin :P

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

cornishpotshot I'm crazy, even thinking about talking to me shows that you are also a lunatic! Find out more about cornishpotshot
                                Working...
                                X