MG42

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MG42

Looks like you've still got a bit of a wait for this beast. The site in question are well known for putting out pre-orders months before the item hits the shelves. Weight wise I think it comes in at 7.5kg. the MG42 was a very heavy gun, even those who have handled a real steel GPMG are surprised by the weight of a 42.

Price seems to differ depending on who you ask. Seems to range from £350-500.

Nothing wrong with a drum mag, would be more likely to be seen on the MG34 but they were used on the 42.

Comment

With any luck AGM will design it so you can swap barrels during a game...I wont hold my breath on it though

All the same a price tag of £350-500 doesnt seem too bad, maybe a not a first gun by any means but I just hope itll be good.
      Trader feedback: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8590

Comment

Nice, but just furthered my point on too many German weapons out there! Where's more Brit kit!

A Bren gun for example, or a Vickers! That'd be immense to see those on the feild.

Comment

FN L1A1 with wood grip/stock? EM-2? or a decent l85a2 with correct cocking handel and RIS! for fecks sake when are we going to get a resonably priced L85 RIS system?
          Gangsta lean, it's not all bad...

Comment

Ahh, forgot to add WW2 era!

Comment

Originally posted by aeviv View Post
              Doesn't compare to Rockdeltas old one :P But that said, i would be very tempted by one, especially if i could install a bullet belt, and i would need someone to run as a loader.

SCHNELL!!!!

you fellas need to see some of the custom stuff the american guys at ww2aa.com have been churning out. Absolutely stunning. Theyve got ppsh's made from real steel parts and like p90 internals, to scoped mosin nagants, panzerschrecks, grease guns, custom cnc'd fg42's...the whole lot.
              Cheap Rifle Wrap for Sale!

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...798#post371798

Comment

Intervention there are more Axis weapons as it is a case of greater demand. Go to any large re-enactment event and the bad guys tend to outnumber the good guys by a ratio of about 3:1 at least. You could argue the Germans have more choice of kit at lower prices so there will be more of them, but it tends to be people like playing the bad guys more than the good guys.

Hopefully with the Sten on the market at affordable prices and with the promise of more cheap allied guns coming out next year the balance will be shifted slightly. Doesn't help that German uniform and kit tends to be cheaper than good quailty Allied kit.

Comment

Originally posted by dog green 1 View Post
                  Intervention there are more Axis weapons as it is a case of greater demand. Go to any large re-enactment event and the bad guys tend to outnumber the good guys by a ratio of about 3:1 at least. You could argue the Germans have more choice of kit at lower prices so there will be more of them, but it tends to be people like playing the bad guys more than the good guys.

Hopefully with the Sten on the market at affordable prices and with the promise of more cheap allied guns coming out next year the balance will be shifted slightly. Doesn't help that German uniform and kit tends to be cheaper than good quailty Allied kit.
                  not to mention german kit looks better

right belt of 7.92 orderd,gym membership renewed money in the bank....im ready!
                  custom K98/TM MK23/CA M203/KJW M9 for sale /swap for a CA M15A1
                  my rating
                  http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=15238

Comment

Airsoft Panzer Tank? Anyone? http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...rTankColor.jpg[/QUOTE]

HAHA id love an Airsoft panzer, "hi i'd like to buy a bag of 75mm BB's and a 20,000ml bottle of gas"
                    sigpic

You're funny....I'm Gonna Kill You Last
                    Originally posted by Kagedwolf
                    I suppose your catchphrase would be "HEIL HITLER!"?
                    Originally posted by Major
                    well i doubt it comes under any copyright infringement!

Comment

Later in the year there may be an event with German half tracks and armoured cars fitted with airsoft MG42's

Comment

Originally posted by thesmellypocket View Post
                        not to mention german kit looks better

Comment

by the way, we have the right to muder ANYONE who will use this with post 1945 gear

especially DPM

Comment

Originally posted by 101stairborne-506 View Post
                            by the way, we have the right to muder ANYONE who will use this with post 1945 gear

especially DPM
                            oh nuts! i was planning on maybe getting one but you may of changed my mind...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

101stairborne-506 Find out more about 101stairborne-506
                            Working...
                            X