This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow Wolf (Cheapsoft) M82

Apparently the M99 was quite popular.. so the same company that made that are releasing an M82A1.
    Unlike the M99, this isn't a springer, it's an AEG and is expected to price at around $350 (so probably £300 like the M99), less than half that of the Socomgear version. Only pics I can find at the moment have a retailers watermark on em, but you can find a little info over on popular airsoft.

I'm not usually into sniping weapons.. but something like this available at a relatively low price may sway me a little, especially if it performs better than or on par with the TM PSG1 out of the box (and it looks a mllion times better too)!
    AGM Scar L (Black) - KWA Glock 17 - CA B&T MP5A4

Re: Snow Wolf (Cheapsoft) M82

Well great, another airsoft icon ruined. The M99 isn't considered very attractive by most (I personally think its gorgeous), but no one, anywhere, hates the M82. So I reckon these will be everywhere. I feel bad for Rampage, because I know what it's like to see a cheap identical copy of your prized rifle on the field; someone had an M99 at the weekender this year.

Now before the shouts of "Elitist!" start to crop up, I'm not. People who spend ages tracking down and saving up for a nice bit of kit want something unique, something that no-one else has, that really turns heads on the field. Chinese clones are ruining that, trashing all the hard work people spent aquiring their nice looking rifles.

Oh, and before anyone shouts "hypocrite" because I bought an clone GBB M4, that's different. An M4 is an M4, it looks the same and does the same thing. A Barrett, or Revolver Launcher, or whatever, is immediately different and a special thing to see on the field, and the clones have ruined that for those of us who spent so much getting them.

Comment

you'll get over it though

I personally, cant justify £800+ for second hand versions of the originals, knocking about, plagued with thier issues, would love the opportunity to buy one for £300, not half as painfull, and plenty of cash left over to fix any issues or upgrade!

Come on the East, make me an M60 mk1 Vn style! copy the Inokatsu!!! its lurvley!!!! and would right pee off anyone with a real one! lmao!!!

Its hardly an "airsoft icon ruined" more an airsoft icon, made more avalible to the masses! Personally, I hold as much regard for aeg sniper owners, as I do for P90 owners... lol (think about it, you know what I mean!) Aeg snipers... wheres the skill in that? I've passed players on my own team thats guns have been pushing 500fps and beel laying down more rounds than the support gunners! talentless, and bloody dangerous!

Comment

I have to say TKOS I used yours and the clone M99 at the weekender, and the build quality of yours was far superior to the clone, the clone just felt, unfinished, and quite tacky. I should imagine the M82 will be much the same.

Comment

Funny that I've been thinking about getting a sniper rifle. Shame it wont be this though because it will more than likely have a naff hop-up.

Good to see the Chinese doing something else other than Armalites mind you. Keep the new models rolling!
          SAVE OUR SPORT
          http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

It will be nice to have some variety over the endless VSR/BAR-10s and L96s at least. I kinda want to agree about the originals becoming less special though.

Comment

sorry tkos i know you will hate me for this but i want one so bad:D haha
              g&p magpul m4 with dd mk18 ris
              socom od meu 1911

Comment

Oooooo now this does sound very tempting :D

Comment

why cant they actually make a GOOD barret...

with a gas system similar to the aw388 and the m700 tanakas
                  |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Originally posted by otakumike View Post
                    sorry tkos i know you will hate me for this but i want one so bad:D haha

Rather this than the M99

Comment

I agree with TKOS, i miss the days where it was possible to have a unique piece.
                      I saw the guy with the clone M99 at the weekender at the firing range and i was not impressed, Sounded loose and the performance was terrible. We were picking off cans down range with stock AEGs that the clone couldnt touch (sorry to the guy who owns it).
                      dsgdreamteam

Comment

I have to say im torn 50/50 on this issue, as yes, it is nice for everyone to have a chance of having a rare gun, but if everyone has a Barrett, they wont be rare, and then everyones 'so you got a barrett, big woop ya wanna fight about it?'
                        Plus i think that for those like Keeper and Rampage who have saved up for their barretts, Waltzin with his RPG and Rockdelta's MG42, who have sacrificed hot food and clean clothes for weeks on end to afford the sacred relic they wish to acquire, having that rare piece has been earned. And this is going to be terribly elitest, but I dont like the idea of everything costing two pennies, as those few guns will no longer turn heads, and that ruins something.

However, it is nice to see the chinese not making ANOTHER M4, so kudos to them for that. And i guess at the a price of £300+, its still not cheap, and should keep the two-tone, fourteen year old, Vassili Zaitzev wannabes at bay for a while :P
                        G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
                        RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Theres gonna be a chinese minigun soon for about £20 :|
                          Cheap Rifle Wrap for Sale!

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...798#post371798

Comment

^^ springer version
                            Your life is only as long as my trigger pull

SAVE AIRSOFT IN SCOTLAND! http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/ YOUR HOBBY NEEDS YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by aeviv View Post
                              Vassili Zaitzev wannabes at bay for a while :P
                              Zaitsev used a Barrett!? No wonder he was so much better than all the Nazi snipers..

And this is bad news in my opinion too, not only do i feel sorry for Keeper and Rampage because their unique guns could soon be everywhere, but as Aeviv said, soon they'll be bringing out clone RPGs
                              Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Fluxeor Find out more about Fluxeor
                              Working...
                              X