US 81MM Mortar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: US 81MM Mortar

yeah, i will update this thread with pictures whilst i am making it, and yes i guess that may have to be the answer, just buy flush moscarts. i will hopefully start construction either tomorrow or tuesday, depending when i can source materials.

Comment

Go for it! It's got to be worth a punt!

We can't fight for airsoft without your support. To join or for more information Please take a look at www.ukapu.org.uk

Comment

They had a similar thing at a WW2 event I went to. You lit something looking like a smoke grenade down it, which then exploded and fired itself out of the tube. It landed about 70-80M away and then would emit smoke or would explode like pyro.

Comment

Instead of having the shitty moscarts that wont get the desired range, you should use 2 part explosives from TLSFx. they look cooler and go further

win win and you avoid all the shitty mis firing etc.

Comment

are they expensive though? and i would need a metal tube, otherwise the pyros would probably burn the plastic, i will take it into consideration, but the price would be quite a bit more

Comment

This is probably a stupid and highly dangerous idea, but here goes..... haha

Model rocket engines to power the "shell" - however, it'd need to be lit inside the tube.

Comment

No, 2 part explosives are far safer

Comment

Originally posted by Spooros View Post
                  Instead of having the shitty moscarts that wont get the desired range, you should use 2 part explosives from TLSFx. they look cooler and go further

This is exactly what F+O do at the asylum. Metal mortor, drop a 2 stage pyro in one bang sends it on its way and the other goes off after.
                  Armoury:
                  WE M4
                  TM VSR
                  TM PX4

http://www.urban6airsoft.com/

Comment

Might be worth popping down to F&O Battle Lakes or Asylum and seeing their mortars. Theyre well built, make a great bang and have a range of about 50m. Might be worth getting some ideas from them.

Comment

I am 90% sure King Arms already made one. There was one at GZ last year so you could possible get designs and stuff from that?

Comment

Milsimlabs have somthing you may want to look into, they have created a 40mm motar that uses foam motar shells the guy makes, they have little caps that make a bang when they land.

It uses an external air source, bike pump or HPA, but it could be used with a moscart.

heres a link, http://www.milsimlabs.com/airsoft%20...20launcher.htm

steve
                        My Armory:
                        ARES M110, ARES SVD-S

Comment

Originally posted by Spooros View Post

Haha! I used to make those for them. And I would definitely say it's the most realistic way. Perhaps not the "safest" because it obviously involves thing-what- go-bang but definitely the most fun :D

Free Fire Zone employ the metal tube with a pin at the bottom and a moscart to propel smoke grenades and they go out for quite a long way.

Comment

Thats risky to say the least. That could make the thing an offensive weapon under the free flying munitions legislation. If you didn't know you go away for a long time, and without a tub of vasoline for dignity if you violate that legislation.

Comment

As far as I'm aware, it's only illegal if it's fin-stabilized. I doubt they'd use it and take videos of it if it were illegal to do so.

Comment

Hi there,
                                Would be superbly interested,
                                Would love to have one of these and would be hOnoured to be your first customer!!
                                If you make one, can you post a vid on the ol' tube of you?
                                A fantastic idea, and great to see the innovations finally coming into Airsoft.

Sandy
                                Sandy -- Rogue Recon

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

101stairborne-506 Find out more about 101stairborne-506
                                Working...
                                X