SAT Variable Velocity Device (VVD)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAT Variable Velocity Device (VVD)

Just to update everyone as I just noticed that the adjustable fps piston head has shown up for sale at around £80 on a popular hobby action site.

Re: SAT Variable Velocity Device (VVD)

The Variable Velocity Device or VVD is a set that includes a piston and piston head as well as an adjustment tool. The piston has head venting that can adjust to three different positions to alter the air flow to adjust the power generated. The piston installs into a normal gearbox and then the tool can be used to adjust the valve setting from outside the gun (via the barrel).
    This great new device can be used with V2 and V3 gearboxes.
    It is worth noting that the VVD works best with higher powered spring, as the tests that were done on the device speak for them selves
    The testing was done on a standard M4, but it is worth noting that the below is just for guidance and will vary from gun to gun.

1.9 Joule Spring, 375mm Inner Barrel, 0.2g 6mm BBs.
    - Position 1: 450 FPS (full power)
    - Position 2: 340 FPS (20% drop )
    - Position 3: 270 FPS (40% drop)

1.3 Joule Spring, 375mm Inner Barrel, 0.2g 6mm BBs.
    - Position 1: 380 FPS (full power)
    - Position 2: 315 FPS (17% drop)
    - Position 3: 240 FPS (41% drop)

Included in the kit is 1 x piston and piston head and 1 x adjustment tool.
    It is not recommended to use this on a high speed setup as we can not warranty incorrect use or installation.
    IMMENSE! Guessing you have to take the gearbox apart to adjust though... so not as as nice as the G&G setup in the F2000
    King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
    https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
    www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

no its where you use the rod which goes down the barrel and through the nossil and you twist.

Comment

But, you'd have to open up your gearbox in the first place, so you might as well just do a spring change, seeing as all sites are around 350fps. You won't be going around the UK and finding different limits that would require the use of this thing

Comment

ah yes but for normal woodland to qcb that would be different.

Comment

Why? It's 350 at every site in the country. Some people have sites close that are at 340, but most people are at 330 anyways

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
              Why? It's 350 at every site in the country. Some people have sites close that are at 340, but most people are at 330 anyways
              Remember not all AEGs are full auto
              King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
              https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
              www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

True, but then who uses a rifle they built as a DMR in a cqb environment?

The only time I can think this would be of use is in a DMR when one site has a limit of 420, and one at 450.

But even then it's only a difference of 30, so you might as well just leave it at 420

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
                  True, but then who uses a rifle they built as a DMR in a cqb environment?

The only time I can think this would be of use is in a DMR when one site has a limit of 420, and one at 450.

But even then it's only a difference of 30, so you might as well just leave it at 420
                  Because some DMR's are set up with Active Braking Mosfets. You can turn these back on to full auto mode and lower your weapons FPS without having to take the whole gearbox apart as the adjustment tool goes through the nozzle. The question with these is not are they useful it's how consistent and good at what they are designed for are they?
                  Also it's a marshall's worst nightmare.

Comment

Hmmm I guess. Would be fairly poor hop performance and gearbox performance at full auto wouldnt it?

Comment

My local cqb site is 330fps but events like catterick 370fps so would be handy if you were wanting to always run at site limits

Comment

I think the concept of adjustable fps is a good one, but this implementation is a tad flawed. Inducing an air leak to reduce fps is basically introducing inefficiency to the mechbox and has a great long steel bar sliding in and out of your barrel all the time.

G&G's and Ares' variable spring guides are a much better way to achieve this, just need a v2 alternative which doesn't suck I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverEx View Post
                          Because some DMR's are set up with Active Braking Mosfets. You can turn these back on to full auto mode and lower your weapons FPS without having to take the whole gearbox apart as the adjustment tool goes through the nozzle. The question with these is not are they useful it's how consistent and good at what they are designed for are they?
                          Also it's a marshall's worst nightmare.
                          i dont think it would be the marshals worst nightmare.

have you seen the length of the rod you need to carry around with you? especially if you had it in a long sr25 type weapon, any marshal who sees someone carrying a 2foot metal rod around knows exactly what they are doing.
                          Signature Removed

Comment

also considering that cronos vary all the time, i wouldnt mind having a couple of these so that i knew that i could just dial down the fps to allow it to be used at every site
                            PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

It is just a shame that the increments in which you adjust the fps are so big :/
                              Signature Removed

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SSTSparkz Find out more about SSTSparkz
                              Working...
                              X