Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FCS Pro Challenge - October 29th @ The Mall

Hi there,

I just thought i'd let the airsoft community know about the upcoming FCS Pro Challenge:

This is an event aimed at the hardcore airsofter: Rather than focusing on a single mission brief, this will test the player's ability to rapidly adapt to their situation, taking them from one hotspot to another in a series of different missions. Also, teams are scored on their tactical performance and protocols. For example, a covert bodyguard team that makes their principle nervous by behaving like a bunch of gun-toting cowboys, will have a lower score than a team that acts cool and professional. Equally, a team that is able to cover and extract their casualties will score higher than a team who just leaves them for dead. Every scenario has an objective (or multiple objectives), and the team's ability to successfully complete their mission will carry the bulk of the points.

This is a fresh spin on airsoft, combining the realism and intensity of a milsim event, with the action and adrenaline of a skirmish. We will also be splitting participants into squads, and setting up a dedicated training area for them to practice drills, or develop their skills with tactical instructors.

My brief description really doesn't do the event justice though, so we've placed a preview of what to expect up on our website: HERE

A full itinerary of the day can be found on our website in the "Events" section - www.firefight.co.uk

Finally, we are offering significant discounts to squads of 4+ who would like to book themselves onto the event. This can be booked through the website as normal (select the "team ticket" option). There is also an advance-booking discount code that can be used to get £5 off when placing a booking (please note that it expires at the end of this month). The code is: wxk-39932

Best regards,

Andy @ FCS

Re: FCS Pro Challenge - October 29th @ The Mall

Should be a good day, have booked my place already. I know people are looking forward to this.

There was a thread on here about the mall and how it might be good to have ammo lmits - fcs usually have ammo limits of 300 and semi fire only, dont know if they plan on doing this here.

It should be a more tactical day, but the skills you can pick up here can really help in other airsoft games. A bit of tactics and teamwork can make for very exciting skirmishes!

It is more expensive than a normal skirmish, but it is somehting different and i personally am looking forward to getting some instruction.

If you normally play at the mall, why not try something a bit different.

Comment

Do FCS not have thier own site anymore?
      "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

They were at Bexley, which is being demolished, and they were going to Northflleet, which is being demolished! Same situation as Elite really.

I believe the demolition of both came as a surprise to Elite and FCS, so I imagine both are busy looking for new sites.

The mall event was planned as a special event anyway, which is why its at the mall i believe.

Comment

We've just changed a lot of the itinerary, so now there's an extra night-skirmish on the Friday night for guys who want to sleep over (no extra cost ). Here are the full event details:-

Venue: The Mall, Reading
          Date: Friday October 28th to Saturday October 29th
          Time: Doors open @ Fri 1900h (or Sat 0800h); Brief @ Sat 0900h; Debrief @ Sat 1700h
          Walkon fee: £60
          Lunch: Included
          Max players: 60
          Dress code: Players are free to equip themselves however they please within the following parameters: Players will require both an assault loadout AND a covert (ie. civilian) loadout. They may also be required to kit up or de-kit at very short notice, so simple loadouts are recommended. Ammo is limited to 300 rounds per op. Pistols and shotguns (gas/spring powered) are exempt from the ammo-cap. Finally, it is recommended that players bring a pad and pen for noting down important details during briefings.

Friday:
          1900h - participants arrive and set up
          2000h - short skirmish-style games, training on the range (optional)
          0000h - beers and movie on flatscreen TV (TBC)
          0200h - lights out

Saturday:
          0800h - wake-up/arrival
          0900h - safety brief, overview, team allocation
          0945h - warmup game (whole site)
          1015h - single objective scenario (whole site)
          1100h - multi objective scenario 1 (whole site)
          1200h - multi objective scenario 2 (whole site)
          1300h - lunchbreak
          1345h - split into 3 squads
          1400h - tactical op 1
          1445h - tactical op 2
          1530h - tactical op 3
          1615h - final exercise
          1700h - debrief

Bookings:
          To book, please follow the link below. There is a special discount for teams of 4+ players. Please pick the team-ticket option on the booking page to receive this discount. There are a limited number of places available for this event, so please book early to avoid disappointment.

CLICK HERE TO BOOK ONTO THIS EVENT: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/1849514949?ref=ebtn

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Janno Find out more about Janno
          Working...
          X