Beta Project M200 Intervention Sniper Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Beta Project M200 Intervention Sniper Rifle

Bank Balance No! Get away from that cliff edge! I still love you!

Sure, I've pushed you to the limit upgrading my guns and buying new shiny's and I promised you I wouldn't be buying anything new for a long time but it's only another £400 and it's just so awesome!

Comment

Woops just ordered 1, they reckon it has a 800mm tightbore barrel and 100rd mid cap mag, fps around 380. Il do some range tests when it arrives

Originally posted by Metalbody
      pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

Originally posted by private parts View Post
        Woops just ordered 1, they reckon it has a 800mm tightbore barrel and 100rd mid cap mag, fps around 380. Il do some range tests when it arrives
        100rd MID-cap!? Would you be able to see what parts are compatible with it too?
        Originally posted by psirus101
        I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

Yep 100rd metal mag, I believe loose hand Luke is going to strip his to see what's compatible

Comment

somebody get a review up please!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JOE90 View Post
              somebody get a review up please!
              i will second that as i am sorely tempted

We can't fight for airsoft without your support. To join or for more information Please take a look at www.ukapu.org.uk

Comment

Actually I can believe that the 100rd is a mid-cap, the M200 holds huge magazines.
                I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

Aslong as its here buy the weekend il do some range tests with it stock and try find the sweet spot for bb weight

Comment

Originally posted by private parts View Post
                    Aslong as its here buy the weekend il do some range tests with it stock and try find the sweet spot for bb weight
                    Dont forget the piccies!
                    sigpic

Comment

Just received a call from the company i purchased from and they have sold out they say they have more coming in 2 weeks so im guna have to wait boooo

Comment

Well here's some initial pics. Firstly sorry for quality and sorry for the tiny scope, its the only one I had spare to pop on, but it is actually great for the range you generally shoot in airsoft.

on 0.2's:

Compatibility and initial findings yet to be all sorted but I'll try to do all that out for you guys when I get the time.
                        The only thing I can tell you for sure is that it weighs around 7kgs, came in at 7.5kgs ish on my scales (they're only cheap).
                        Hopup adjustment is very nice using an allen key, but the hole will be difficult to access with a large scope on.
                        Magazine does indeed take over 100 rounds. I think its more like 115-120 but I've yet to count it out exactly!
                        The metal parts are nicely made with hardly any machining marks visible. Its been CNC'd and for those not in the know, the quality far exceeds that of most cast parts.
                        The finish looks to be mostly a powder coating/Electrostatic of some sort and there's no bare metal, sags or runs in the finish, its also a uniform finish which verges ever so slightly on satin than matt, but not badly.
                        A few sections of the rifle needed tightening up as they were loose from the factory or transit. One of the bi-pod legs needs a shim as it wobbles around the small roll pin that holds it on. No big deal tho.
                        The cylinder is screwed together with quite a bit of thread lock of some type so I'll try and gently release it and let you guys know if you can swap in AEG springs as has been stated.
                        Other than that, that info is prob all I can tell you off the top of my head and without pics.

Comment

Oh dear God I am so jealous! Great quality by the looks of things too, great material, CNC'd etc. Didn't expect it form a rifle of that price.

Comment

Well funny thing is, if you look at it seriously, £400 would be a truck load of cash for a cheap chinese clone.
                            You can buy some real quality AEG's for way less that that amount. In some ways I think they could have priced it even cheaper than they have. I think the manufacturing processes used on this aren't as complicated as some other cheaper rifles. At the end of the day its a round tube and a square block with some chamfers on the sides. Nothing is cast so there's no need to produce dies, and most of the bits could be easily made on CNC lathe and 4 or 5 axis CNC milling machine. I don't know if Beta Project are established or this is their first through at producing airsoft kit so are pricing to pay off the machinery costs. Probably cheaper to out-source your machining at bigger companies then assemble in your own smaller factory.

Having said all that Fluff 'N' Guff, its a nice rifle, I love it, and there's no reason to part with it, even if I could of had a TM L96 with upgrades for the same money.

Additional info:

- Still trying to get the bolt apart carefully as its so coated in thread lock.

- Magazine holds over 130 rounds in a double stack format a bit like most common L96/M24 mags, but BIGGER

- Shot nicely at a head-sized target up to 40m on 0.2g's but was a bit windy. With some heavier bb's and actually zeroing in my scope it would be possible to hit things further away and more accurately. But it was only a quick trial session to get a feel for the stock performance. That was also with minimal Hop up too, you can dial in much more.

- Once the magazine is empty, the BB pusher in the mag blocks the bolt from going all the way home, so you know its empty.
                            I don't know if that was design or accident, but you could damage the loading nozzle against it if you weren't careful.

- My bolt retainer has been drilled and threaded on the piss, so although the mechanism works fine, you have to pull the bolt back and tilt it clockwise slightly to get the sear to engage, then push it back squarely so as not to clip the magazine with the front of the bolt which it thread locked slightly on the piss in a counter-clockwise direction. Neither are big issues if you are able mechanically minded enough to tweek things a bit.

- Access to the trigger and sear mechanism is by splitting the reciever upper and lower halves. Easy to do, but you have to remove the Mag catch to do it and getting it back on again is a right bi*ch because of the design. There's a simple answer and I'll take a pic for people.
                            The trigger mech is very chunky and even though its all Aluminium, I don't think it'll break any time soon unless you managed to get the bolt apart and fit something mental power wise. I'm looking into replacement Steel sear manufacturing potential.

- Main pistol grip turns out to be an AEG motor housing grip mounted well on a milled section.

- Flash hider actually doubles as the end barrel spacer, so its not going to be easy at all to swap to a silencer should you feel the need to increase the length of this monster so you can just poke the other team from far away, or so it can double as a hat rack of an evening.

That's if for last night, I'll play again today once I get up the workshop and try to include some pics.

Comment

Just ordered myself one!

Was going to order the tan one but seeing Luke's swayed me towards the black one.
                              TM SOPMOD [Fully Upgraded] | TM VSR [M40A3]

Comment

I know, I wanted the Tan one, but I've found most Tan guns look better if they were black first and were then painted over, so as it wears off on edges etc the black shows through.
                                So I went black with the idea that should I ever get REALLY bored, I can paint it pretty colours!

I thought of painting it like my old TM "Tony the Tiger" G36:

I think it'll stay black... Don't you? ;-)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

lucky lefty Find out more about lucky lefty
                                Working...
                                X