Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Chinese Airsoft Guns - Clones coming to a halt?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chinese Airsoft Guns - Clones coming to a halt?

Clone main weapons suit my playing style, I'm less worried about diving around in brambles and thorns, and up and down steep hills with my £100 AEG than I would be with a more expensive gun. Sad day for airsoft.

The classic army sportsline suck balls, but the G&G combat machine is very good, had a go with one the other day.
    "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

I had a feeling for a while that this would all snowball up and become one big clusterf**k at some point.

Sadly, my feelings are right.

Comment

Let's worry less about your poor old armoury being deprived of phallic replacements and think for a few moments about the people who actually risked a hell of a lot to produce these cheaper airsoft weapons for YOUR benefit - some are facing the death penalty, some are in hiding from the Chinese authorities and risk losing their livlihoods and people are whinging about not being able to afford their next capitalist investment!!??!!??!!...

...perspective please!

I know my thoughts aren't for myself at this time, rather for the people suffering for western demand under communist (with Chinese capitalist characteristics) authoritarianism.

Comment

I agree with 7.62 here. I have had my differences over the Barrett clones but this is a different thing altogether. Yes clones are a good thing for people to get into the game initially and cost is a major factor in that but as 7.62 said Although people have broken their countries laws to do this we over herer haven't haven't given that a second thought whilst we were buying cheapsoft guns.

Now that the cat seems to be out of the bag and peoples lives and livelihoods are at risk I think we all should quit worrying about the cost of our next gun and think about these people and hope it all blows over and they will be ok.

Maybe it is only the Government worrying about outside influences when their 60th anniversary is coming up as they did for the Olympics, maybe they will change their export laws to allow the export of these guns as it is big business and the chinese are no mugs when it comes to making money. But mainly lets hope those people involved will all be ok.
          Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Uhhh nobody "made" them make them - I would only assume they did it for personal monetary gain tbh!

Comment

Agree with the above. At the end of the day these people broke the law to make money.

Comment

If chinese airsoft disappeared for good then there will be a huge decline in sales particularly a couple of retailers we know, as well as popularity in airsoft will also decline also making younger players in lesser numbers.

all theories of course

Comment

I dont want to start a major but forgive me who made these items they know there own law. I would not produce an item unless i felt the risk was worth it.
                  "by the way its not" the law is law maybe in some countrys very harsh but thats life.
                  Its not a human rights thing but yes they do have them.

Comment

Some Chinese companies could Go to Hong Kong, as HK has alot of different laws than that of mainland China, but im just speculating as im not sure if the airsoft manufacturing laws are different or the same.

Comment

I agree with Keeper and Fossilfuel.

They set up a business to make money. They know their own country's laws, where I know nothing of china's firearms and industry laws.

So should I be held responsible because I bought a clone gun?

Comment

should not in the cack be mate because you brought it over here (presumably legal in uk) and you were not to know chinas law.

Comment

all i can say is dam. i wanted to purchase a 249 para next week

Comment

and i agree with the 60th aniversary comments

Comment

I think its a mix

So its illegal to produce airsoft guns fine and in the mean time the police didnt really care, maybe the odd mould raid

and now the 60th anniversary to keep the country happy make an impression they have gone on the attack

Comment

If someone is stupid enough to make what the Chinese authorities see as an illegal weapon, then I have no sympathy for them. I do have some issues about the people who worked in the factories for a few dollars a day, but they had a choice too. Chinese laws are strictly enforced when the government chooses to. It's no different to bitching and moaning about getting done for speeding because you always speed and you've never been done before. If they're really lucky, they'll get off with fines, but some people will probably get their families sent a bill for the bullet.
                                sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Gaffa Nicknamed "Gaffa" because I can be bossy, but get the job done! I'm built for comfort, not speed... Find out more about Gaffa
                                Working...
                                X