Iron Airsoft SMLE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron Airsoft SMLE?

Just saw this on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQvTN...eature=related

Looks like someone may be in the development stages of an SMLE. I would like to believe this would become a reality because I'm itching to do a Black Watch circa 1914-18 loadout...

Re: Iron Airsoft SMLE?

Shoot 'n Scoot have been making decent spring SMLEs to order for years.
    They use a custom receiver with APS2 internals and original wood, and other metal parts.

THE biggest problem with springers, though is that you can't put the magazine where the real one is - the bolt needs to be too long to house the mechanism.

Comment

Yeh I know about the shoot'n'scoot ones, i looked at getting one but at £500 they're a bit steep for a cast receiver and APS-2 parts. It's probably a flash in the pan but at least it shows someone is thinking about it enough to do a graphic representation of one.

Comment

from what i have heard, also shoot and scoot guns although are cool models, lack quality severely..terrible join lines, gaps and finish.
        “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

Originally posted by Patrolpointman View Post
          Yeh I know about the shoot'n'scoot ones, i looked at getting one but at £500 they're a bit steep for a cast receiver and APS-2 parts. It's probably a flash in the pan but at least it shows someone is thinking about it enough to do a graphic representation of one.
          IIRC, the only other factory-produced Lee Enfield announced has an apparent price of over £1000...

Comment

I'll just be waiting for the affordable Zetalabs version based around the scrumptous KTW version.
            "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

Yeh, 1000 notes for an SMLE is a lil' bit steep- would make the SnS version more viable. Meh, I've made my own kar98k from the dboys and a Bar-10 so I might just make my own at some point!

Comment

The hard part is the junction between the butt and the lower handguard. The real ones are separate pieces of wood, unlike just about every other rifle out there.
                The SnS SMLE and No.4 use the custom receiver to reproduce the real-steel solution.

Comment

I'm aware of the separate butt stock and fore-stock though I think Dadio on the ww2 forum and on here also has come up with a bracket which he's welded a nut to accept the bolt through the stock. Stof on the ww2 forum used a kj M700 for one and it looks purty. I managed to make a MAS36 a few years ago although the receiver was plastic and I ended up wrapping it around a tree...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Patrolpointman Find out more about Patrolpointman
                  Working...
                  X