• Show
Clear All

• Ares sniper series CO2 mags released

Just a update to everyone who has the following ARES sniper rifles
    • ARES M200 Cheytac Intervention
    • ARES PGM Mini-Hecate
    • ARES DSR-1
    • ARES AW.338

The CO2 range magazines have finally been released, i've had my eye on them now, but a reliable Hong Kong retailer has finally just released them for sale, and it seems the only place who have them at the moment..

There asking price is not cheap, $120 (£73.26) A MAG so not a cheap alternative, however for the power your going to see from it, it may be worth looking into.. Im lookin into the aw.338 mags at the moment, may invest in one just to see the diference..

For more information, click here
    Originally posted by bravotwozero
    Half of the people on zeroin are ex-sas, or currently serving in the regiment, so you shouldn't have a problem getting some hard information.

Re: Ares sniper series CO2 mags released

I converted my 338 to co2 back in Feb 2009 using a remote kit. It’s the best thing you can possibly do. I was pushing 420FPS with 0.3g at -1 deg outside )

You can get the new mags imported from r*****f. Mine arrived today, as well as the mag you also get a new high pressure seal kit and a bigger spring for the bolt (which is needed). Once I have mine fitted I shall let you know what the results are. If it’s anything like the mod I done it shall be epic.

pics of the mod.

Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 19 December, 2009, 07:09. Reason: retailer
    When I was a child there was no such thing as health and safety. We use to collect shells from the beach. Unexploded ones. - James May

Comment

Which co2 rig did you use ?

Comment

its the Begadi kit. adjustable pressure.

My ares co2 mag arrived, i have tested it and well its un-usable on site. it was chronographed using 0.3g bbs at 779.2 fps. PMSL

so i have gone back to my original kit as i have got it set at a steady 450 fps

could not help but snap a photo.

When I was a child there was no such thing as health and safety. We use to collect shells from the beach. Unexploded ones. - James May

Comment

bloody hell... ive got the exact same setup as urself and have also just received my co2 mag aswell.. havent yet fitted the spring or seals yet.. might not even bother!!

Comment

thts a very high fps i dnt think i will get the co2 mag for my aw.338

Comment

Thats awesome. Almost the speed of sound, well an extra 300fps and you'll be cracking it.

Don't you get a replacement hammer spring and such? I'd of thought that would have managed to tame it a bitty.
              SAVE OUR SPORT
              http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

try it with the origional spring im sure someone else was getting just over 500 with that
                user name changed from b*tcht*ts

Comment

When I first fired the rifle I was running the original spring (with one small washer to add a little extra power) and it was between 590-612fps.

Unfortunately from what I have found the co2 kit is no good for skirmishing, which is a real disappointment. The hammer spring is so strong it makes the gun a real b1tch to reload (it feels like you are going to snap the bolt handle clean off)

If you run the standard spring you will be pushing in excess of 550 fps with 0.30g bb’s

The only good thing is that the kit comes with the co2 seals which can be fitted to the bolt to enable you to use another way to use co2.

I have gone back to my original mod using a remote co2 unit which also gives you the advantage that you can increase or decrease the co2 pressure in order to meet any site limits.
                  The only downside is the hose and the extra bit on the side of the gun.

I believe the only way that you will be able to use the co2 magazine is if you get some weaker than standard hammer springs.

If I do ever get a chance I shall start a proper thread on my 338 detailing all the mod’s I have done, and still to do.

Comment

I wonder what the Cheychec will be like with its man sized inner barrel.
                    SAVE OUR SPORT
                    http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

Steve_m, I have PMd you, but unsure if it worked or not :s

Comment

You just saved me a hundred quid. Am I right in assuming then that the CO2 mags are not adjustable? Seems a bit of a stupid thing to develope if it is going to break legal limits in most countries. I too have the Begadi kit on my DSR-1. Does anyone know where you can buy the small red rubber seals for it?
                        Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

speak to begadi, they sent me a few spares i just emailed them and told them mine failed.
                          What has happened to yours? has it disintergrated or is the unit leaking from a tiny hole on the side?

Comment

From what i could see the Co2 mag does not seem to be adjustable, however i could just be a pleb and not found the adjuster as yet.

Comment

Yeah they disintegrated. Not sure if it was an age related thing (bought secondhand so not sure of the seals age). Also when I pushed the seal in over the valve it kept splitting. I reckon they had dried out and perished, iI may be wrong. I will email them with the problem but I may use some soft vulcanised rubber cut to size instead. Steve, no instructions for use then? Ares site isnt very helpful for the new mags. Just a couple of pics.
                              Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Garf3r the pen is mighter than the sword... but a bullet silences the writer Find out more about Garf3r
                              Working...
                              X