My two 1911 builds (for those interested) Pic Heavy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My two 1911 builds (for those interested) Pic Heavy

Im a bit of an 1911 fan so decided to put a load of pics up of my 2 builds i have done. Feel free to ask any questions etc.

I bought an 1911 A1 off here, was really happy with it but always wanted an MEU, so got a desert warrior cheap and bought an MEU kit. Ended up looking like so with temp grips. Added MEU grips later on.

The decided that plastic is crap and decided to open war upon it! I got a Guarder FBI kit and began installing it. Anyone who thinks these are easy and "drop in" kits are very wrong! it neeeded a lot of sanding, filing and general battering to get fitted and work properly!

Loads of mess and bits!

The 2 1911's

How it stood after new grips

Then i decided it was time to also hate the worn look to my A1, so after watching Sucker Punch, i wanted a chrome one, but not just a crap lump of turd WE thing! This was going to be my own. After about 3 hours of sanding and polishing, this was the slide.

Before

After

Then i did the lower which took about the same time as i learnt from my mistakes on the slide, but very happy with the result! Even polished the barrel and end cap etc

And i have added a compensator, hammer and sanded and polished the trigger of my MEU.

So yeah, until i get bored again, thats it for now. Hope you like.

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Re: My two 1911 builds (for those interested) Pic Heavy

Loving the chrome 1911 mate....you did an excellent job on the finish. Dont see many "home chromed"(lets see if that catches on) done to such a high standard.

Loved the MEU until you stuck the compensator on it. Never been much of a fan of compensators on pistols...if you want a longer pistol, get a Desert Eagle or Magnum! :P

Comment

Haha I have a desert eagle too! Yeah, I like the comp, was going for a punisher meu, but now can't be bothered lol. Cheers man, it was pretty grueling with the standing etc, so many different types of wet and dry. And loads of autosol and sore thumbs!

Might remove the comp, unsure really!

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

Very beautiful 1911's man
        Could you give some info on how you did the chroming job?
        I want to start a similar project and I'd like to hear what you suggest.

Wolf

Asahi WA2000
        WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

sure man, i used 800 grade wet and dry paper but left it dry to get the paint off the gun as best i could, then went to 1200 dry to clean up the scratches left by the paper. then went to 1200 wet and then went over it loads with 2500 grade paper wet to finally get it looking as smooth as i could. If the gun gets caked in dirty water, keep dipping it in a jug/bucket of water the clean off the excess paint, from the paper too.

I then got the trusty dremmel out and out the big white buffing end on it, dabbed some autosol over the areas to polish and polished one small area at a time in circles at a medium/fast speed on the dremel until the autosol come off and then moved along. each time i cleaned it off with a clean rag and repeated till i got the finish i desired. Watch out though, the dremel at edges is a killer, once it goes off and edge, if you havent got hold of it, it ill smash into the gun, you can see some little nicks on mine from where it had done that but to remove them would take hours of sanding again as they get deep.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Danny_boy85 Gun Monkey, if it comes apart, i take it apart... And make it awesome! Find out more about Danny_boy85
          Working...
          X