Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Custom Work - Storage, Holders, Innovative ideas etc!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Work - Storage, Holders, Innovative ideas etc!

Thought I'd start a new threat to showcase peoples ideas for custom work and what they have come up with to spruce up their current items or something thats been created to help with situations like storage etc!

This is mine given to me by my Grandad when I was a little chap, was used to store 7.62 belts - covered in various different thick coloured paints and was unreadable!

Stripped it back to the metal, sprayed it up (rough job for authenticity) but gave it a modern two tone appearance - holds all my bottles and bags of BBs now!

comments welcome, and other ideas definitely welcome!

cheers guys!

Re: Custom Work - Storage, Holders, Innovative ideas etc!

I wouldn't class that as "custom", but its nice all the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Air got Soft View Post
      I wouldn't class that as "custom", but its nice all the same.
      Howcome?

Comment

It's certainly not a gun, its very nice though, well done

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

Originally posted by CK View Post
          It's certainly not a gun, its very nice though, well done
          Lol no its not, didn't know where else to put it :D but thanks all the same!

Comment

Originally posted by tomson2912882 View Post
            Howcome?
            Just because for me, a sprayjob doesnt count as something custom. Alot more work needs to have gone into it for it to be custom in my opinion.

Comment

Surely custom is anything changed from standard to be a one off?

My idea is not "custom" but it sorts an issue of magazine storage.

Old first aid box

TM SCAR-L recoil / G&G top tech 416 / TM USP compact

Comment

Originally posted by sam_G View Post
                Surely custom is anything changed from standard to be a one off?
                I wrote my name on an M4 mag in tipex. Is it it custom now?
                102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

i would class custom as something that has been MANUFACTURED specifically. for example im in the process of milling a gas block out of a block of aluminium, its going on my m4 but i wouldn't class the m4 as custom, i would class it as an m4 with custom parts.

just like a car form "pimp my ride" isn't custom, but it will have a custom paint job and interior, as that has all been specifically manufactured for that application.

EDIT: nice tin though, i owuldnt mind something like that for all my skirmish bits (beats a bright orange toolbox any day =P )
                  For Sale!
                  TM M870 with a load of stuff
                  A&K massada sniper spec
                  Chronograph
                  leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Stephen View Post
                    i would class custom as something that has been MANUFACTURED specifically. for example im in the process of milling a gas block out of a block of aluminium, its going on my m4 but i wouldn't class the m4 as custom, i would class it as an m4 with custom parts.

just like a car form "pimp my ride" isn't custom, but it will have a custom paint job and interior, as that has all been specifically manufactured for that application.

EDIT: nice tin though, i owuldnt mind something like that for all my skirmish bits (beats a bright orange toolbox any day =P )
                    Couldnt have put it better myself

Comment

Originally posted by Longshot View Post
                      I wrote my name on an M4 mag in tipex. Is it it custom now?
                      Could argue it is. Customise: To make or alter to individual or personal specifications.

Comment

Double post fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Stephen View Post
                          i would class custom as something that has been MANUFACTURED specifically.
                          is that not classed as "purpose built"?

Yet another thread derailed! Apologies to OP for going off topic.

Comment

When I used to visit the Royal Ordnance Factories during the course of my work they had Red ones with Padlocks attached to lock up your Ciggies/Lighter/Matches/Mobile Phones before you were allowed on Site. I scrounged a few Boxes of various sizes including 7.62, .50 cal, 81mm Mortar and 105mm Howitzer all of which are used to store Airsoft or camping equipment.

Comment

I think the Trolls broke out the cage here lol - it was meant to be a thread to show off anything different, customised - just something good and interesting to look at.

Thanks to those who liked what I posted and I liked the idea of the Med Kit mag case! - thats the point of this thread - to show other players ideas to help or inspire!

end of the day, its something different, something good to look at and works. - they weren't shipped like that or designed to be like that, therefore it is 'customised'.
                              Last edited by tomson2912882; 19 May, 2012, 16:50.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tomson2912882 Find out more about tomson2912882
                              Working...
                              X