Completely scratch built LaRue tactical 5.56 Marksman rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Completely scratch built LaRue tactical 5.56 Marksman rifle

approached a well known forum member by the name of TB-Stalker....basically wanted a scratch build DMR with far better range and accuracy than that of the highly upgraded TM recoil i had at the time, which was capable of insane range itself.

after a LOT of research, looking online we decided to scratch build me this bad boy. the parts list is nearly as long as the rifle itself!!

this has taken a fair few months, had an unrealistic amount of hiccups along the way....but we got there, it was painstaking, but sweet jesus.....WORTH IT!!!!

its throwing a G&G blue sniper grade 0.28g beeb out to 80m with both ease, and accuracy.! couldnt recommend the promethius neo hop unit enough!

the only thing that i have added which isnt true to the reference pic of the RS rifle we have copied, is the harris bipod.

and here are the fruits of our labor. i am MADE up!

comments most welcome

“A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Re: Completely scratch built LaRue tactical 5.56 Marksman rifle.......wow

That looks incredible, top work!

What was the build cost if you don't mind?

Comment

dont know to be honest, i paid stalker via paypal chunks of cash if and when he needed.... a guess would be £800-£900
      “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

DO WANT! £800-£900 you say?
        Looking for a Harris style Bipod with 20mm RIS mount.

Comment

That's amazing mate. I'm trying to do something similar myself. You using an r-hop to get 80m? Any chance of a parts/spec list?

Comment

Somewhere around there ducky yeah.

And nope, no r hop, just a promethius neo unit, reaps A++ rubber and a section of biro as a nub. Coupled with the G&G 0.28s which are perfect.!

Internally it's a prommy neo hop
            Unit

Reaps A++ rubber

Biro hop mod haha

And a modify sp120 gearbox which mates perfectly with the hop unit.

Guarder infinite hi torque motor

And it chronos at 450-460fps using an 11.1 25c lipo

Comment

Doing a similar build myself but basing it on a Barret REC7 with 18"spr barrel :D its already cost one arm and three quarters of my leg :P

Comment

be careful what length barrel you use dude. i have learnt, that too long a barrel can actually decrease accuracy and consistency, because, if the bb is still in the barrel when the piston returns, it can cause negative pressure or something like that, also have found a 6.03 to be more consistent with accuracy over a 6.01....how the hell that works i couldnt tell you!!

Comment

PS. make sure you get pics of that barret up 0.8s after its completed

Comment

My Birthday soon, Im sure I heard you say that I could get it from you when it was my Birthday. :p

Top notch sexy sexy piece of kit.
                    section 24 of the 1968 Act
                    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I am in love...

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

Comment

What's your inner barrel length? I'm going for 455mm. Is that a jp rifles lower? What's the upper as that looks different ?

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                          My Birthday soon, Im sure I heard you say that I could get it from you when it was my Birthday. :p

Top notch sexy sexy piece of kit.
                          oh yeah, didnt i say you could have it for free too?

Comment

Originally posted by W0lf View Post
                            What's your inner barrel length? I'm going for 455mm. Is that a jp rifles lower? What's the upper as that looks different ?
                            nah mate, look at the third picture down, its a LaRue upper and lower made by iron airsoft. extremely nice bit of kit. the trades are not slightly etched in, they are proper engraved...deepest trades ive seen. clearly you can see the LaRue trades on the lower, if you look top left of the upper, you can just see the LaRue trade on there too. im not 100% sure on the length, i think its a standard M16 length.

Comment

I could see the trades but I thought it was custom engraved. Just reminds me of the jp lower. Gonna have to steal some of your ideas lol never seen one before.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dannyeprice23 a happy go lucky pain in the arse, i am the one who constantly has accidents..to others amusement! Find out more about dannyeprice23
                              Working...
                              X