Muzzle flash experiment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muzzle flash experiment

just thought i'd share this,basically a model smoke generator and a bright yellow led triggered by the cut off lever .
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyHiJXAwYH0&feature=plcp

Re: muzzle flash experiment

Ok now thats bloody awesome!

Comment

Try it in pitch black, itll look even better!

Generic Tapatalk Signature.
      -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
      -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

That is genius.

I foresee a lot of money being made if that can be marketed

Comment

the geeky awesomeness is overpowering!!!

Comment

MAKE IT HAPPEN, NOW!!!!!!!!

:p
              section 24 of the 1968 Act
              Supplying imitation firearms to minors
              1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
              2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I want one now. now I say

Comment

That would be awesome in Epsom Bunker, pitch black fighting in tunnels, its already pretty mental with grenades and torches - add muzzle flash and it'd look incrediable.

+1 on MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

Or - is it doable/removely economic&practical as DIY if you posted a guide?

Comment

Dadio, is this your invention??

Comment

its easy to do on a version 6 gearbox,well to say its my invention is a stretch as i got the idea from an RC tank forum but to wire it up to trigger off the cut off lever was my idea as was to fit it to an airsoft gun.its really simple to do,basically this one is on the front of my bren but it could be fitted inside a big silencer and onto any gun.the smoke generator runs of the gun battery so if you are running anything other than 11.1v lipo then that bit is easy,the smoke generator's are designed for 7.2v but handle up to 9.6v fine,the problem in most guns will be the wiring ,my bren outer barrel has loads of space to run wires in it along side the inner barrel but most wont so concealing the wires may be an issue,the light is a super bright led run off a couple of aa batterys and triggered of a micro switch on the cut off lever but could also be triggered like a tracer unit.i suppose the ultimate thing would be to just fit the smoke generator to a tracer unit.if you want to play about yourselves then for £12 you can get a heng long tank smoke gemerator on a well known online auction site,the units come enclosed with an electric bellows system but all you need is the element ,the element is a resistive wire wrapped in a wick and the wick is soaked in a special fluid that smokes well at low-ish temperatures ,this element needs to be fitted right at the front and needs an area to work as a well for the fluid and wick,behind that you put the led,looks best with a yellow led.

Comment

Take my money!

Comment

The amount of money you stand to make out of this would be huge if you marketed it! Although you say its easy, most of us without the technical know-how wouldn't find it so.
                          its a strangely simple idea too. i've seen RC tanks and such with the same lighting effects and never made the bridge to airsoft until seeing that video. its simple but awesome!

Comment

I think you could put a light sensor inside a silencer, one emitter and one receiver, then when the bb breaks the beam it would signal the rest to work. That way you would not need to wire up to the gear box. Made something similar years ago on a weight bench to log reps.
                            Over 150 positive sales & trades on this and other forums!

Comment

TM made one too, it's called a tracer

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dadio Find out more about dadio
                              Working...
                              X