Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [REQUEST] Two-Tones!

Hey guys,

Being non-ukara registered i'd love to see pictures of your two-tones or even better taped/wrapped two-tones to give me some hope that people can make a two-tone look semi-decent.

Cheers,
    Forcey.

Please keep this thread clear of any two tone bashing. Cheers.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

Re: [REQUEST] Two-Tones!

I agree with you there mate, here's my KWA CZ75 Pre-B
      Screen Shot 2013-01-15 at 19.22.36.jpg

Comment

Im surprised that one above is qualified as a two tone! Hardly 51% of the firearm is blue there lol.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Rampage View Post
            Wow.

Does that qualify under VCRA as a two-tone?

Comment

My friend once wondered wether to buy a pistol with purple grips and slide and get an am to match, wear a purple top and bandana and go saints row style, I think sometimes load out can help a two tone seem more fitting. Sadly this never happened so no pictures but a point (of considering load out too) that may help you.

Comment

Yes because it's mainly a bright colour :P
                IF YOU HAVE ANY L7A2 GPMG PARTS FOR SALE PLEASE MESSAGE ME

Comment

http://cdn.firespring.com/images/fb0...3017db59a8.jpg

On the bottom right are the bright colours, blue doesn't look that bright.

There's also the fact that the PRIMARY color has to be the bright colour so that means if a gun has 33% black, 33% silver and 34% blue it'll count, would work nicely on a hi-capa too. Also there's nothing against camos so there's a red russian camo that'd work just fine!
                  Originally posted by Lt. Macka
                  big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Zoolander would go mad for this... Blue Steel AND Le Tigré in one? Maybe also using Magnum rounds?

(turn headphones down quite trebley)
                    www.Conjuctivitus.com Now that's a site for sore eyes

Comment

Originally posted by Proto View Post
                      http://cdn.firespring.com/images/fb0...3017db59a8.jpg

On the bottom right are the bright colours, blue doesn't look that bright.

There's also the fact that the PRIMARY color has to be the bright colour so that means if a gun has 33% black, 33% silver and 34% blue it'll count, would work nicely on a hi-capa too. Also there's nothing against camos so there's a red russian camo that'd work just fine!
                      Was it not 51% minimum?

Comment

Originally posted by ForceGhost View Post
                        Was it not 51% minimum?
                        Part 2 of the Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006, crossheading 'Imitation Firearms', gives the legal definition of 'realistic imitation firearm' and some basic guidelines as to what these are and are not. In particular reference to two-tones (emphasis added):

Originally posted by Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006
                        38. Meaning of "realistic imitation firearm"
                        (1) In sections 36 and 37 “realistic imitation firearm” means an imitation firearm which—
                        (a) has an appearance that is so realistic as to make it indistinguishable, for all practical purposes, from a real firearm; [...]

(2) For the purposes of this section, an imitation firearm is not (except by virtue of subsection (3)(b)) to be regarded as distinguishable from a real firearm [...]

(3) In determining for the purposes of this section whether an imitation firearm is distinguishable from a real firearm— [...]
                        (b) the imitation is to be regarded as distinguishable if its size, shape or principal colour is unrealistic for a real firearm.

(7) In this section—
                        “colour” is to be construed in accordance with subsection (9);

(9) References in this section, in relation to an imitation firearm or a real firearm, to its colour include references to its being made of transparent material.
                        Therefore, according to the 2006 Act, and by reference to spray-painting an airsoft replica, a realistic imitation firearm is distinguished from an imitation firearm only if its principal colour is unrealistic for a real firearm (s.38(3)(b)) or it is transparent (s.38(7) and (9)). Furthermore, the Secretary of State is granted powers under the 2006 Act to make regulations which further define the scope and nature of the 2006 Act's application. In particular, the Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006 (Realistic Imitation Firearms) Regulations 2007 set out the requirements of s.38(3)(b) (emphasis added):

Originally posted by Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006 (Realistic Imitation Firearms) Regulations 2007
                        Sizes and colours which are to be regarded as unrealistic for a real firearm
                        7.—(1) For the purposes of section 38(3)(b) of the 2006 Act and paragraph 6(3)(b) of Schedule 2 to that Act, a colour is to be regarded as unrealistic for a real firearm only if it is a colour specified in paragraph (2) or if the imitation firearm is made of transparent material.

(2) The colours specified in this paragraph are—
                        (a) bright red;
                        (b) bright orange;
                        (c) bright yellow;
                        (d) bright green;
                        (e) bright pink;
                        (f) bright purple; and
                        (g) bright blue.
                        Therefore, according to the 2006 Act and the 2007 Regulations, and by reference to spray-painting an airsoft replica, a realistic imitation firearm is distinguished from an imitation firearm only if:
                        1. Its principal colour is unrealistic for a real firearm (s.38(3)(b) of the 2006 Act) or it is transparent (s.38(7) and (9)).
                        2. The word 'principal' is the foundation of the 51% rule, but bear in mind that it is open to interpretation (see Chrispy's CZ75 quoted below). At the very least, 51% of the gun's surface area should be the unrealistic colour.
                        3. Plainly the singular use of the words 'principal' and 'colour' indicate that this must be ONE colour. You should not have a gun that is 25.5% bright green, 25.5% bright pink, and 49% black. This is particularly of issue with so-called 'two-tone camouflage' which blends several unrealistic colours - that is NOT within the exact wording of the statute.
                        4. The principal colour must be bright red, orange, yellow, green, pink, purple or blue (pp.7(2) of the 2007 Regulations). Again, dark colours or camouflages are NOT BRIGHT and do not satisfy the requirement of the statute.

Therefore:

Originally posted by Chrispy View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]76154[/ATTACH]
                        This is plainly not even close to 51% blue and thus is a RIF, not an IF. Ask yourself - is that a blue gun with black bits, or a black gun with blue grips? Plainly it is the latter.

This is a more interesting problem. If the gun is 51% bright orange, then it's primary colour is probably orange but again, ask yourself if that is a black gun with orange stripes or an orange gun with black parts. If, for example's sake, this gun's stripes were in bright orange and bright blue, making it 30% orange, 30% blue and 40% black, it would be questionable if that sufficed because the primary colour - that is, the colour of which there was the most - would still be black.

Originally posted by rouge View Post
                        added a bit more red to my rifle so it is now at more than 60 percent red!!

Again, only someone with a lot of time and a fine grid overlay is going to be able to tell if actually 51%+ of that gun is bright red (I'm minded to say that it is). Again, is that a tan rifle with red bits, or a red rifle with tan bits?
                        Last edited by PureSilver; 15 January, 2013, 22:11.

Comment

IMG_0199[1].jpg
                          Here we have two G&G M4`s: GR4 G26 And a CM16.

Comment

Originally posted by macvsog View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]77870[/ATTACH]
                            Here we have two G&G M4`s: GR4 G26 And a CM16.

That cannot be a two-tone shade of blue?
                            It's almost black
                            Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
                            Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

IIt's bad lighting, bright blue on the pantone chart does look surprisingly dark though.
                              Originally posted by Lt. Macka
                              big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ForceGhost Find out more about ForceGhost
                              Working...
                              X