Revolver picture thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Revolver picture thread

those dont look like real s&w grips, they look like asian made ones to me.... but nice gun
    Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

Originally posted by bob86 View Post
      those dont look like real s&w grips, they look like asian made ones to me.... but nice gun
      I must admit I thought they were real! But then honestly I'm not expert. They certainly feel real.

Comment

Yeah I don't think S&W makes N Frame grips like that, looks like those Thai made ones:

Real factory N Frame grips (Square Butt) are very expensive nowadays. I haven't found any wood grips that really fit me right, other than S&W factory dymondwood ones which are really small and skinny, pretty much the minimum amount of grip you can effectively use. Finger groves ones don't work for me, I'm a fan of Pachmyer rubbers even if they smell and feel like tyres.

Comment

yeah, thats what i figured after looking round a bit previously, its like finding proper round bottom k frame grips..... lots of fake stuff about though
          Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

Wood is nice to look at, but they're pretty expensive if you want genuine parts which is why I stick to rubber unless it's an old style gun, and as you say lots of fake stuff about. Hogue makes some nice cheap grips for pretty much everything, but I find Pachmayer the most useful, especially their Compac ones, very small but still great grip due to the rubber.

Comment

Ah fair enough. Well cheers for identifying them guys!

Comment

Doesn't mean they're bad grips mind you, and they're effectively still 'real steel' grips (just not real S&W).

I have some Thai ones on my Tanaka Python 6inch.
                102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

Originally posted by Longshot View Post
                  Doesn't mean they're bad grips mind you, and they're effectively still 'real steel' grips (just not real S&W).

I have some Thai ones on my Tanaka Python 6inch.
                  I was going to say something along these lines. Perhaps Coski just never put the word "Wood" in his post?

As he was essentially stating they were "Real wood grips" is how I saw it.
                  There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Here's the Python with the Thai grips:

They look the part and feel nice in the hand (though the quality of the medallion, if nothing else, lets you know their true pedigree). Good enough for airsoft anyway!
                    102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

Same, I have some on my M29 as well and they are nice enough.

> Gallery http://drake-uk.deviantart.com <

Comment

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
                        I was going to say something along these lines. Perhaps Coski just never put the word "Wood" in his post?

As he was essentially stating they were "Real wood grips" is how I saw it.
                        Pretty much what I meant! Pretty much...

By the way Longshot, that's a lovely Python. Got the 4 inch version in midnight gold with a zeke metal cylinder winging its way to me as we speak!

Comment

I love these little revolvers I had one a while ago but it would not fire properly so I sold it dirt cheep it even had a zinc frame I wish I still had it now but I am now looking out for a G&G CO2 G731 Revolver I cannot run to a new one for a while.
                          Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
                          Wood is nice to look at, but they're pretty expensive if you want genuine parts which is why I stick to rubber unless it's an old style gun, and as you say lots of fake stuff about. Hogue makes some nice cheap grips for pretty much everything, but I find Pachmayer the most useful, especially their Compac ones, very small but still great grip due to the rubber.

Comment

My new Tanaka Python in MG. Sorry for the crap pic. Will take a better one tommorow! It has a Zeke metal cylinder installed.

Comment

Here we go. Nicer pic of them together.

Something very rare on its way in tanaka flavour! Will get a pic when it arrives.

Comment

My brand new dan wesson :D

Skirmishing it tomorrow morning!!!

Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mole1811 Im a self confessed Airsoft nut! Just wishing he had the money to splash out on lots of new toys Find out more about Mole1811
                                Working...
                                X