VFC Baby E6 Internally Suppressed Custom CQB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFC Baby E6 Internally Suppressed Custom CQB

well i decided i dint like the ris on my m4, or the PEQ on the side, so i made this instead....
    i might change the end cap for a stainless version, but i dont have access to a lathe atm

all comments welcome/ needed

Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Re: VFC Baby E6 Internally Suppressed Custom CQB

That's awesome.
    If you ain't first, your last!

Comment

Honestly, I usually despise these things, but that I kind of like. Switch it to 20rd straight mags, put a pistol-esque sight on top (specifically, a black C-more), squeeze a tracer unit (that runs off the same LiPo) into the suppressor, paint the suppressor black and I'd buy one.

Comment

well it has a clear plastic hop on it, so tracer wise i should be able to wire something up to tracer it pretty simply.

i was looking at vn mags for it, only issue is the ones i bought didnt feed well. but i saw these mags and loved how they look, and it looks ok with it...

sight wise i was thinking my zombie killer eotech, but i do like c-mores

as for painting it black, im in two minds about that, i like the silver front end lol i do have some black abs pipe the right dia to slip over the stainless, so i can see how it would look easily enough.

Comment

Im thinking this would look awesome if you stripped the receiver down to bare metal (like my Magpul M4 Below), fitted a SR25 style pistol grip to help balance out the gun, a Butterfly charging handle and some of the Magpul 20round straight mags, it would look cool as a cucumber!

Gaz

A quick mock-up..

Three reasons to stand up: 1. To get the remote 2. To go to the bathroom 3. Because you’re the real slim shady

Comment

i do want to change the pistol grip out, not sure abould stripping the body thou

i do like the idea of swapping the cocking handle too, it does stick out a bit, i was thinking of just cutting the sides off

Comment

I think it beautiful but i am having one nagging thought...

Can an M4 operate (RS) without a buffer tube and the associated internals?

That said, i still love the look of it and it is SO much better looking than the Patriot with the buffer tube. (i would prefer a matte black suppressor, but now we are starting to sound like my wife and sister-in-law comparing cushions)

Comment

not as far as i know, as you need the tube with the spring in it to cycle the bolt dont you?

Comment

That was my thought, not to mention the reduction of the recoil.

Because we give up so much in terms of range, power, accuracy, penetration etc i do normally like an accurate looking gun (not down to 1000/inch dimensions, but at least the major assemblies to be present..... that massive suppressor is awesome.

Can you turn most threads and stuff.... i have a pair of Mac 11s that need that "Pulp Fiction" look!

Comment

no it cant work in real steel,it would have to be something like an LR300.

anyway dont spray it,keep it silver,it looks really nice like that

- - - Updated - - -

how did you make the end cap?
                    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by loki7491 View Post
                      Can an M4 operate (RS) without a buffer tube and the associated internals?
                      Nope - nowhere for the bolt to go as it recoils except out the back of the gun and into the shooter's face (that is, if you somehow built the gun already loaded, as without the ability to cock the bolt back you wouldn't be able to chamber rounds). Like Sparrowhawk says, some heavily-modified AR-15-based guns (LR300, KAC PDW and the like) have modified DGI systems which turn the gas key into an operating rod extended into the forward handguard. That subassembly includes the return spring and the like that would normally be found in the receiver extension.

Originally posted by bob86 View Post
                      well it has a clear plastic hop on it, so tracer wise i should be able to wire something up to tracer it pretty simply.
                      Excellent! A necessity for good CQB.

Originally posted by bob86 View Post
                      i was looking at vn mags for it, only issue is the ones i bought didnt feed well. [...] sight wise i was thinking my zombie killer eotech, but i do like c-mores
                      The reason I recommended the C-more is because it's a wide-view pistol sight really, so it's a bit more flexible for how you might hold the gun (Weaver stance, up in front of you, looking through both eyes) instead of rifle-stance (stock shrugged into the shoulder, looking through dominant eye). I'm seeing this thing as a really big Mauser C96. Like so:

Comment

Originally posted by loki7491 View Post
                        That was my thought, not to mention the reduction of the recoil.

Because we give up so much in terms of range, power, accuracy, penetration etc i do normally like an accurate looking gun (not down to 1000/inch dimensions, but at least the major assemblies to be present..... that massive suppressor is awesome.

Can you turn most threads and stuff.... i have a pair of Mac 11s that need that "Pulp Fiction" look!
                        i can do some, not all, but something like grey pvc, if the thread is suitiable, you can tap on the thread, i could borrow one and see about making an adapter peice, as i do have 14mm LH taps and dies

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post

how did you make the end cap?
                        i used a rough length of some 22mm pvc pipe, leaving it longer than the supressor tube, then cut a bung with a 25mm holesaw and glued that in the end of the pipe, then drilled it out and tapped it out to 14mm LH. then i had a block of 20mm pvc, cut it out to a round slightly bigger than the st/st pipe, turned the centre out to match the 22mm pipes ID, then counterbored it to 22.5. then turned the outside to match the st/st pipe's OD, and then turned down 12mm of it down so it would fit in the pipe.
                        next i screwed the 22mm pvc pipe onto the end of the barrel in place of the flashhider, placed the endcap on, measured the difference between the end of the st/st pipe and the step on the end peice. took off another 5mm, and cut that amount off the non bunged end, then glued the pvc pipe into the end cap. meaning that when the cap is screwed on, it is clamping against the st/st tube

and breathe... lol. practically all of this was done late one night with a few tools, then had to borrow my dads lathe to do the end cap, but i could have done it all at home, just wouldnt look as nice

Comment

was that all?

wish i never asked now lol

Comment

sorry

Comment

anyway good job.....are you bringing it to the forthcoming aylesbury game?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bob86 Find out more about bob86
                              Working...
                              X