Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun Cabinet / Wardrobe...

Hi all,

I don't post much, but am an avid reader of the forums - so here's a go at posting something...

The Mrs. decided that she was fed up of guns and assorted paraphernalia lying all around the house, so today I decided to knock up a cabinet / convert a wardrobe to store some of our kit. The stuff in the pics is shared between myself and my son, his being the better stuff and mine being the cheap / repaired / tinkered with stuff.

Grabbed a sheet of 9mm MDF and 2 x 90mm lengths of dowel from a well known DIY store. Drilled a few 11.5mm holes for the 12mm dowels, added a bit of wood glue and painted them with some left over wall paint.

I intend to add some more storage on the left, possibly make a tray / box for the bottom to keep kit and spares in and finally add a couple of LED light fittings that come on when the doors are opened. Oh, and SWMBO'd seems to think I should put a lock on it as well...

The rifles are (from left to right):

1) A no-name Chinese air rilfle, under barrel cocking .22 which I picked up for £8
    2) A Weihrauch air rifle HW 99 .22 break barrel - a lovely bit of kit
    3) A JG Bar 10, with a TM trigger & some upgrade parts - my current project gun
    4) A G&P M16A3 or A2 not sure which - bought on another forum as not working, now fixed (ASCU was fitted incorrectly), need to tone it down a little as it's doing 425 fps which is a bit too high for my site
    5) TM HK416 - a really nice piece of kit (but a bit overpriced in my book - belongs to my son who saved for a year to afford this...)

6) Not shown - Old 2-tone cyma ak47 kid's first gun - actually really good but a bit old now...

The pistols are (from to to bottom)

1) Walther CP99 .177 CO2 air pistol with silencer (sons)
    2) Walther CP99 .177 CO2 air pistol (mine)
    3) Plastic P990 springer (CP99 clone), bought it for a tenner, fired 2 shots, tried to strip it down and broke the trigger - trying to fix
    4) KWA Glock 18c with full metal top slide (sons)

5) Not shown - CO2 1911 - waiting to pick this up on Tuesday, bought off the classifieds here...

Cheers for reading guys,
    Any help and information gratefully received,

Have a good weekend,
    Matt
    Attached Files
    Sent using ones and zeros over the ether.
    --
    I appear to be highly attractive to bb's; yet highly repulsive to springs and gearbox internals...

Re: Gun Cabinet / Wardrobe...

Good work there. Thinking about making something similar as my kit and my son's kit is all over my bedroom floor and the rifles/pistols are in two seperate places! I'm ok as I don't have a SWMBO but it makes a mess really.
    My son's Masada is hanging on his wall. I used 22mm dowel and drilled a 7.5mm hole in the centre and used threaded rod, which then screwed into rawl nut I drilled into the wall. Once that was mounted, I drilled a 6mm hole at the top and inserted 6mm dowels in to stop the rifle falling off. Looks really good as well!

Comment

Re: Gun Cabinet / Wardrobe...

Had a few hours over last weekend so added some bits.

Shelving on the left to keep sights, mags and batteries. A box at the bottom for miscellaneous bits and bobs, and used the lower shelf for storing clothes and air rifle/pistol bits. Plus added a light that comes on when you open the doors and a lock to stop other kids getting in and messing about if I'm not there.

box.jpgfront.jpgleft.jpgright.jpg

Let's see some pics of your storage solutions

Cheers,
      Matt
      Sent using ones and zeros over the ether.
      --
      I appear to be highly attractive to bb's; yet highly repulsive to springs and gearbox internals...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Honest_Matt Old(ish) bloke from North London with an interest in computers, tech, airsoft mechanics, cars and other assorted stuff... Find out more about Honest_Matt
      Working...
      X