L96... Two Toning in style!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L96... Two Toning in style!

so guys, here is my two tone L96. As i am under 18, two toning is compulsory... Thank you British Government... Anyway, let me start by telling you about the gun. it is a Chinese clone, but it is a good one. The Mauser SR is the name of the gun (they're all adsactly the same tho) the stock parts are crap, and so they wont last long. But i "will" upgrade it, eventually. I'm currently working on a custom M4, so short of funds ATM. the one upgrade i have made is the making of a custom piston, by using metal lathes i machined a piece of nylon in to a piston. it works, so im happy. the scope is a hawk optic 4X32 (i know, not a strong enough one) but anyway, on to the appearence. Yes it is Two Tone, yes it looks naf, but its better then other two tones. i started by totally camoing the body. i then used paint stripper to take it back off on the side faces of the gun, leaving the handle and bottom un-two toned. during game, the plan is to cover this up using a sniper scrim, wip ties and cam cream. entirely legal... i believe. later on i plan to add a silence, bigger scope and laser system.
    So, here it is:
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Thanks for looking.
    J.

Re: L96... Two Toning in style!

You have have been misinformed.
    An under 18 cannot buy either 2tone nor RIF, however a parent with reasonable defence can gift a RIF to you.
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

There's a whole section to argue about UKARA/VCRA blah blah blah.

Looks different. Looks good.

Comment

That actually looks very nice mate. I would actually own one myself if it was black and red styled like that.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
          You have have been misinformed.
          An under 18 cannot buy either 2tone nor RIF, however a parent with reasonable defence can gift a RIF to you.
          Unless i've missed something this lad isn't talking about buying either an IF or RIF, just showing off his rifle?

And to the OP, some may disagree but I was under the impression the general consensus was that 4x magnification is just about spot on for the range airsoft sniper rifles are best suited for.

Comment

That looks pretty damn slick! You've done that stylishly mate! As sean says - the actual law is that an adult can buy a two tone and gift it to you, if he/she has valid defence than instead they can gift you a realistic looking gat
            Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

It's really refreshing seeing a youngster proud enough to show off his rifles, you've clearly put some effort and imagination into how best to work around the two tone problem.

I like the way you've done it (probably harder to spot front facing you as well!)

You do seem to be missing a cheek pad and i'd have thought must be a problem with high rise mounts!
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Comment

The OD and black allows for a smaller coverage of bright green, smart man.
                Originally posted by Lt. Macka
                big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

I like it, nice work.

I use a 3-9x56 scope on my R93, overkill but looks the part, and also means I can spot with it. For most shooting in game 4x is enough, I find myself on 6x more often than any other zoom.
                  King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
                  www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Looks good mat!

And as for the scope, Iv got a 4x30 on its way to me at the moment, for airsoft I think 4x is fine.

I have a 3-9x on my air rifle and I never change it from 3x and I can hit a bottle cap 9/10 shots at 50 yard easy.
                    sigpic

Comment

50 yards is about 5m more than the MED at a few sites. :P

on topic, id like to see that piston you made up. and a bit of info on it (how strong, weight ect)
                      -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                      -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

thanks for the comments guys. regarding the scope, it does the trick, but when it has a tight bore barrel and new hop chamber, im hoping to get a more "stylish" scope. and yeah ive lost the cheek pad. its allright since ive taken the back weights out. i will find it. sooner rather then later though. yeah the RIF problem if that since it was brought before 2007 it was legal without the ukara, and it was gifted to me, but this seems to be irrelivant. i already have replacement upper reciever and rail guards to two tone. ill post the picture of that piston asap.
                        Thanks
                        J

Comment

Feel free to slap me if I'm wrong guys, but it it was bought pre ukara it didn't need to be two toned in the first place right?

Comment

Originally posted by Coski View Post
                            Feel free to slap me if I'm wrong guys, but it it was bought pre ukara it didn't need to be two toned in the first place right?
                            You are correct
                            King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
                            https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
                            www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

when i was talking about two toning it was about my m4, not this...
                              [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jakeas Find out more about jakeas
                              Working...
                              X