870 sawn off project-- birds head grip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 870 sawn off project-- birds head grip

Made this the other day, its far from perfect and not quite right yet, still needs levelling up and IMHO sliming down a tad :/
    let me know what you guys think
    never made one before but couldnt find a good one to buy so thort screw it ill make one lol :D

https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A1JtdOXmJ8eXBf

Re: 870 sawn off project-- birds head grip

Thats awesome
    Oderint Dem Metuant

Comment

Once it's thinned out it will look spot on mate
      The United Kingdom. Its where Great Britain used to be.

Comment

Cheers guys

Comment

That looks great mate. I'd leave it as is if I'm honest. You don't want to take too much wood away from the screw.

Comment

In two minds weather to bandage it or not :/ was intended to be a book of Eli inspired look!
            image.jpg

Comment

I have just put a birdhead on my Gas M500, I will deffo be bandaging mine as i am going for a survivory, rag tag look to my gear

(Just put a pic up in the shotty section)

Comment

@coz jus had a look at your pick mate looks good, i considerer the Raptor biredshead but felt it was abit to tactical for me :/ not the look i wanted, aslo what will you bandage with im thinking of using this, that iv seen used by other bikers i know (but on a shotty could look great)
                3.jpg 5623165278_4b6c56e68d_o.jpg dscf1701z.jpg image.jpg
                has a great texture and available in a few colours what you reckon ??

Comment

I don't do tactical, Me doing tactical would be like putting an Elephant in camo and telling it to sneak up on a mouse.

I did look at that stuff, I think i will be wrapping mine in hockey tape, don't know if to go with white/cream so it takes on the dirt from my hand and looks nice and Apocalyptic or one of the many crazy colored camo's/pattern's you can get.

Found a way to sling it yet? I'm not a fan of single point's as they push my moobs up i look like a hairy victoria secret model. I am thinking of wrapping some rope around the grip to make a 2 point.

Comment

id thin it a tad and make sure its weighty enough to balance the shotgun a bit
                    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Why not para cord wrap the handle with some light colored cord and allow it to dirty, would be more durable.
                      Did this to my AK to provide a better grip for sweaty hands, and I thought it looks cool.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by chopper66 View Post
                        @coz jus had a look at your pick mate looks good, i considerer the Raptor biredshead but felt it was abit to tactical for me :/ not the look i wanted, aslo what will you bandage with im thinking of using this, that iv seen used by other bikers i know (but on a shotty could look great)
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]91737[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]91738[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]91739[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]91740[/ATTACH]
                        has a great texture and available in a few colours what you reckon ??
                        I would advise against that heat wrap. I had to wear gloves to wrap my old manifold with the stuff as you end up with bits stuck in your hands!
                        TM SCAR-L recoil / G&G top tech 416 / TM USP compact

Comment

@coz thats hilarious, yeah hockey tape is a thort! as for sling mount i may put a Magpul grip sling mount on it but its gonna be a lot of work making it fit!! or maybe just drill a hole and epoxy a swivel point in the end of the grip not sure yet magpul_870_sling_mount_1298729_1_og.jpgsgsm.jpg1-inch-qd-sling-swivel-6727-p.jpg964547.jpg
                          @woflen i like that idea
                          and @sam_g thanks for the heads up, have you got any left over id like to experiment ha ha

Comment

http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewt...p?f=34&t=32568

A how to for ya, but it needs wrapping a lot tighter than this guy does that way it looks more uniform.

Nige

Comment

Originally posted by wolfen View Post
                              http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewt...p?f=34&t=32568

A how to for ya, but it needs wrapping a lot tighter than this guy does that way it looks more uniform.

Nige
                              cheers thats prety sweet

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

chopper66 I'm a hairdresser by trade living in Leicester Find out more about chopper66
                              Working...
                              X