Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

M4 for the servivor of the apocalypses. (wood furniture from scratch)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: M4 for the servivor of the apocalypses. (wood furniture from scratch)

Ill be honest but that's a lot chunkier than I was expecting! No way to make it closer to an original M4 crane stock in size?

Comment

Yup I'm with Coski here way too bulky in my eyes.. Seems like a lot of excess material.

I know you want to use the battery pack you have but if you downsized to a stick battery or even a nunchuck you'd have a lot more options..

Either way it's Iroko and I LOVE Iroko so good going! It's really nicely made but just a little bulky in my opinion. But it's your gun and you like it which is all that matters. So good going bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Comment

what he means to say is. That's friggin huge ,you could knock out a donkey with that.

Comment

Hey at least he's always prepped for a game of cricket. I wonder where the sweat spot on that is!

Comment

Yep I do agree about it being chunky but its very strong and isn't likely to crack. also I do agree I should have made do with smaller battery. that said I am sure that onece the heat shield has been turned and fitted to the grenade launcher. and both parts in the correct rifle It should look and feel smashing to hold and see.
            I like what I see. I like what I build. when my inspiration strikes so do my weapons.

Comment

You could certainly "servive the apocalypses" with that... just use it to row to a different country.

Comment

cheers. room for a survival kit in it.
                i might make a nightlight version in future when i am rehearsed in the us of lithium battery's.
                I like what I see. I like what I build. when my inspiration strikes so do my weapons.

Comment

You'd almost have been better off making a solid stock. Looks like one as it is right now to be honest!

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
                    Hey at least he's always prepped for a game of cricket. I wonder where the sweat spot on that is!

This had me in tears laughing! The idea of somebody surviving an apocalypse but holding on to the essential notion of a good game of cricket!

- - - Updated - - -

But in all seriousness thats some nice woodwork, just needs either to be a full stock (which would look great) or trimming down and contouring a bit. Something different though!

Comment

hahaha :') I just paid for a ACM m500 should arrive on Friday. need steel arms if any of you know where to find them.
                      and yes I will look into making it one of my own and in fact room in the fawx stock presiding may even get a SLP CO2 treatment.
                      Last edited by smallebee; 7 May, 2014, 19:47. Reason: loved the cricket post

Comment

Guys I have had a disaster. To do with a technician not listening I now need a new 9" madbull grenade launcher or if any of you have busted the tube and has all of the upper part get in toch.

Comment

what happend to your one?

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Well Ill start in the order of what has happened and the order it got noticed Its all knock on. and now royaly buggered.
                            20140225_163100.jpg
                            well I first noticed that my La-rou rail was 9" but in fact had 1" of collar.
                            Making it to short so with this being early on, I decided that I would have the difference in height milled out of the launcher.

going to collage on Tuesday I explained with diagram to the technician who promptly said he under stood.
                            Do i need to remove the button? "no ill pack it out"
                            OK so i entrusted that to the tecknition so i could get on with the wood heat shield removing the tube.
                            My workshop being shut i did an about turn an thought i may as well see how the metal workers do it.
                            upon my return I was mildly shocked and not overly annoyed that he had put the industrial band saw through it.
                            because they don't have a mill and He now clearly didn't understand what i asked.
                            20140514_174857[1].jpg
                            whilst we both were contemplating options and i still thought it would function.
                            I notice something that should not be triangle shaped or snapped in the center.
                            20140514_174911[1].jpg
                            now Im pissed he Not Only cut it in that monster saw he also Used the Hydraulic clamp with well over a tone of force and hadn't packed out enough.
                            I promptly went To the cad office up staris to see if the could make a replace ment and went back lunch time to see.
                            Nope apparently oval shapes take to long to manufacture and an abs 3d print would fail if i sneezed on it. also they have a cad milling machine!?!
                            and finally the tube wont go back in because the rail is entirely squashed by one whole mm.
                            20140514_172046.jpg
                            so that if it went to plan the launcher would finish flush with the rails.
                            20140514_172141.jpg
                            like this but not blocked.

Comment

Jesus, and i thought that i was the father of f*#kups.

well as they say if you want a job done right, then sometimes you gotta do it yourself.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Indeed.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

smallebee Find out more about smallebee
                                Working...
                                X