Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Show me your homemade spray jobs

Hi again guys!

My most recent paint job effort on this G36K I purchased late last week from a chap on this forum. When I saw "ohman's" effort early last week on his G36C using the sponge technique I thought I'd like to have a go at that myself!!

The gun came black all over, including the magazine. I sprayed the barrel/flashider and cocking handle in a gun metal grey, but left the rails/selector levers black. Just giving these a light rubbing over with W&D.

I then sprayed the body in a Sand colour as a base coat. Then using some really good sponges I purchased of the bay for a quid each I dabbed on the OD Green first. Some larger thick blotches and then lighter dabs all over. I used same technique with the Mud Brown. Once done I dotted the odd couple of dabs of Sand again in certain areas to highlight. The cocking tube is plastic so I had to paint a weathered look to simulate metal, but the ejection cover was metal so I just rubbed this down.

I purchased a cheap "bullet" type magazine on here, the tabs were missing off one side, so I removed and smoothed down both sides where the tabs would be, so as to simulate a P-Mag type mag once I had taped out a "Window" for painting!! I also did the same on the "bullet" symbols for the selector lever , so you can still see them, which I think looks effective. Once finished spraying I assembled it and gave it a good rub down with W&D on all the right places to look warn/beat up.

I impressed for a first attempt at sponging and a reasonable "Dirty Afghan" look that you see a lot of the German soldiers had. Pictures below. Let me know what you guys think!

Richie.
    Attached Files

Comment

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Comment

Comment

Here's the paint job I've just done on a G&G m14 ebr I just got the other week. Nothing to fancy but I think it came out pretty well for a first attempt.
          d

Comment

Decided to spray my MK46 MOD 1
            Nothing too fancy, most the work was done on the barrel to make it look real.
            As for the weathering, I did a little bit but mostly want it to get worn down through use.

Comment

Looks good mate. That's what I'm waiting to happen on my m14. Want to let it wear naturally through use.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by dog green 1 View Post

The little Swastikas on the pistol are a bit.......risky lol
                  The clown has no penis

Comment

Hef i think the pistol is painted as a P-51 Mustang

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 46templar View Post
                      Hef i think the pistol is painted as a P-51 Mustang

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
                      I got that

I just know whenever that symbol comes up on a forum, people start trolling lol

Risky was meant as in terms of having it on the forum, not the gun.
                      The clown has no penis

Comment

Hef Legend the "Swaistikas" are confirmed kills.......just seen the post above.

If people get excited when they see them in an historical context they need to get a life. Christ this shows that he's shot down 4 of the sneaky 'Fockers', not that he wants to be one.

Comment

Hi again all. Just an update to my sprayed G36 thread I did a few weeks ago. I have extended the accessories range and hopefully you appreciate the new LARGER pictures...lol.

Most, if not all versions catered for!!

Richie.

Comment

Looks great mate!
                            Except for the horribly ugly M4-stock, but since I'm super nice I will simply ignore that one :D
                            Also, you need a grenade launcher grip to complete the set!

Comment

Thanks ohman you twat......lol.

.....Yeah I wonder what it would look like with the UGL now??? That would probably set me back more than what I paid for all the other parts...lol.

Richie.

Comment

My Black Hawk Down movie replica M733 in its standard configuration -

It started out life as a JG M733. I shortened and re-threaded the outer barrel, ground off the bayonet lug, replaced the furniture and Delta ring with G&P parts and fitted a madbull inner barrel.

With its CAR-15 flash hider when I want to use it without the silencer -

A few of the carbines featured in the movie had these flash hiders fitted to M733's

And a pic of it in its short CQB config -

A lot of people run a longer barrel inside the silencer but I opted to be able to shorten the length by changing parts out, also I built an adaptor to fit a TM full auto tracer unit into the silencer that can be removed quickly allowing me to use it for other weapons.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dan88 Find out more about Dan88
                                Working...
                                X