• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Show me your homemade spray jobs

Originally posted by 46templar View Post
    Q is that a light spray of white

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Actually, no, its a base-coats of grey, accents then with sea grey, dark sea grey, tank grey and black. All humbrol spray paints.
    Q - Spartans Airsoft Team

nos periclitor proprius

Originally posted by Black Templar
    There is no other store, only ZU'UUL.
    sigpic

Comment

20160214_181308.jpg20160214_180144.jpg20160214_180203.jpg20160214_180215.jpg
      The clown has no penis

Comment

From many moons ago, never got it running how I wanted but looked nice (yes scope rings too low ...

'Somewhere out there is the beast, and he hungry tonight!'

Comment

Hi again guys.

Just thought I'd put up my "Old school mercenary M16A1 DMR" The same gun was in my previous "paint job" post as a "British special forces DPM" M16A1. But I'm always changing things up a bit.

As always, comments and/or if you need tips/help, I'm here!!

Richie.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by richard4wood1970 View Post
            Hi again guys.

Just thought I'd put up my "Old school mercenary M16A1 DMR" The same gun was in my previous "paint job" post as a "British special forces DPM" M16A1. But I'm always changing things up a bit.

As always, comments and/or if you need tips/help, I'm here!!

Richie.
            Ah very nice rich! Was that with the use of stencils you cut yourself?

I'm just waiting for my krylon to arrive (Hopefully it will be at home waiting for me!) and then I shall be giving MTP a go on my Marui VSR.

Comment

Q - Spartans Airsoft Team

nos periclitor proprius

Originally posted by Black Templar
              There is no other store, only ZU'UUL.
              sigpic

Comment

Thats a nice paint job Q

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah bud it is!! I have it on my previous spray job post on how I did it. I hope it is clear enough mate!! Your going for the MTP on your's are you?? Can't wait to see that one. Will you just post the finished pics or will there be a step-by-step tutorial??

Once again always here to help.

Richie.

Comment

Ahh nice easy steps to follow rich! Yeh MTP is my plan... All the krylon has arrived today so il give it a bash soon. Hopefully il post the step by step (that's if it goes well haha) Failing that it will be the finished product after some rework 😊

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok bud. Looking forward to seeing it. Hopefully step-by-step, but it's all trial n error with spraying. My tip is to buy more than you need of the main colour, albeit green or tan or even black. That way you can touch up over the whole process as and when mistakes occur.

Anyway good look mate, and take your time!!

Richie.

Comment

My WE G39: First attempt at a DMR type spray job....

IMG_4758.jpgIMG_4759.jpg

Comment

The WE DMR looks good mate. Wish I could expand the pictures a bit more to get a better look though!! Is it snake skin or ATACS type??

Richie.

Comment

"Tried" to go for the snake-skin look.... not even used the G39 yet, as ended up buying a WE M14 EBR and use that now

Here are the links to images on photobucket:

http://s393.photobucket.com/user/Ric...ml?sort=3&o=40

http://s393.photobucket.com/user/Ric...ml?sort=3&o=39

Comment

Evening guys.

I know it's not quite an entire weapon, but was messing around with the idea of a "On Tour" warn/over cleaned barrel.

Now this is what I was going for, or at least trying to get close to,

Now, this is how I did mine.
                              I sprayed the whole barrel with a Halfords wheel rim paint in a Steel colour.
                              I then went over the long parts of the barrel with a dark metallic grey, avoiding the gas block slightly. But still allowing a few whisps of paint to hit it.
                              The grey was added to replicate the phosphate process a real barrel would of had.
                              Once dry, I went over the whole barrel with a Satin Black, but only going heavier on the areas I wanted to stay black.

Once done, I went over where I wanted warn. I did this with a pad of scotchbrite and a slight touch of white spirit, wearing away like you would a real one.
                              Working from the gas block down. So the gas block would be the lightest and most warn, slowly getting darker the further down the barrel I went.

Then eventually, voila.

Let me know what you think?

Comment

Yeah I see it now mate. Good picture, looks effective. Would look good with an ATACS loadout like. What were the colours you used bud??

Richie.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dan88 Find out more about Dan88
                                Working...
                                X