This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pictures Of Your Guns

470fps semi auto, any ideas how to give it a more steady firing hold? The bottom rail is too short to mount a magpul grip and bipod which is the route I wanted to go.

Edit thats my son modelling, not me!

Comment

• Fore a more steady hold I advise using the foregrip ;-p

But seriously, how are those foregrip/bipods? thinking of investing...

Comment

Originally posted by KaRcop View Post
        Fore a more steady hold I advise using the foregrip ;-p

But seriously, how are those foregrip/bipods? thinking of investing...
        The one I've got is just too long - in order to fit the actual bipod in there you end up with one hell of a huge "grip" area and, well, it just doesn't work at all. Waste of money if you ask me.

Comment

470fps semi auto
          That's a bit hot isn't it!?

Comment

Might be a little excessive but you could always mount a scope mount riser on the underside RIS and then mount a foregrip on that. I'm personally not a fan of far-forward forgrips either.

Magpul 5.56 beta project midcaps on the way, then an RIS + foregrip flashlight setup.

Comment

• Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
              That's a bit hot isn't it!?
              I'm assuming it's locked to semi and his site puts it under the sniper rules for fps.

Comment

acoged

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Chris View Post
                  Might be a little excessive but you could always mount a scope mount riser on the underside RIS and then mount a foregrip on that. I'm personally not a fan of far-forward forgrips either.

/snip/

Magpul 5.56 beta project midcaps on the way, then an RIS + foregrip flashlight setup.
                  A man after my own heart xD Quite similar to mine. It though the RIS was too heavy, but I am a bit of a pansy :p

I'd like to see one with a SpectreDR; not sure why though....

Comment

Needs a doctor reflex site on that ACOG Ginger
                    "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

I'm assuming it's locked to semi and his site puts it under the sniper rules for fps.
                      Most sites only allow ~425 for a semi locked AEG

Comment

Those sites around us allow all snipers upto 500fps with a minimum engagement of 30 metres.

I'm hoping the spring eases up a bit, but with .3 bb's its hitting 400fps. Yes and its semi-auto only.

The gripod are way to big, thats why I want to fit a harris upfront, but I want a grip behind it, the only thing I could think of was to extend the bottom ris to allow a Magpul grip.

Comment

• Yeah different sites are more or less strict than others. I'm guessing the spring will eventually give a little and you'll come in lower than at the moment. Are the grip pods just too thick? I like the concept but it was about 1.5x the size I thought it would be when I saw one!

Comment

Yep, they are chunky! I must admit, being an ex squaddie, I followed my mates, but they've just got back from Stan and came round the other day. They hate the new front ends on the L85s are are all either fitting A2 foregrips or buying hi-end airsoft parts to make it more manageable. You physically can't hold the front end, its uncomfortable and gets damn hot!

Comment

Comment

The R.I.S looks a bit out of place on the AK but nice guns you got there!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Sam_s.o Find out more about Sam_s.o
                                Working...
                                X