This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pictures Of Your Guns

I'm quite serious. One of the main idea's played around with the invention of ACU, was that black is not a natural colour. Or if it is, the way black moves in nature is not the way a human moves. It's been shown to be strangely effective in places. Personally, I've been very impressed with ACU in an urban environment, and even seen it work very well in dark woodland. Where the guy was moving next to me. I could hear him, he was in my periforal vision, but saying I knew it was him that was moving, just through the use of my eyes, would be a lie. The other thing is, color's aren't meant to be as recognizeable when they're at the extreeme edges of your visual field. But to be honest, if that's the case, and they were playing for that, why not make it pink, it would still look grey in your periforals. It's an interesting camoflage, just not very usefull. I do think they should carry over the lack of black into other camo schemes. Something I believe MARPAT could benefit from. It would at least be interesting to see comparisons between regular MARPAT, with and without the colour black.
    sigpic
    Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
    I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

owain have you sanded your mp5?

Comment

M15a4 with Star 4x acog

Comment

Look what I picked up today! I love it, perfect for CQB!
          Unsure on what sights to use on it yet, aimpoint?Eotech?Ironsights?

Comment

a lot of people dont like these cqb m4s but i really like them..ICS do make a nice alternative to a gbb smg
            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Afraid I'm on of those people who doesn't like em. Practical, but SO fugly IMO

Comment

Loving the 4xACOG on that M15

Comment

wow that is some freak m4 ... sorta reminds me of the patriot pistol from MGS
                  Gangsta lean, it's not all bad...

Comment

it would look even better with no stock

Comment

philistine
                      Originally posted by amandla36 View Post

Comment

very nice one-shot-one-kill, you need to get a crane stock and put your acog further forward, also loving the tacticool hole in the stock :p

G&P M4A1 Mariiiiine

Comment

Im not a great fan of the looks, but the praticality outweighs that. Ive been after something like this for far to long now, and they are a bargain at 180quid new!

Comment

Originally posted by OwNaGe View Post
                            very nice one-shot-one-kill, you need to get a crane stock and put your acog further forward, also loving the tacticool hole in the stock :p
                            not all acogs need to hang of the front of your gun! maby hes one of those nose to charging handel guys ... as for the stock i think it looks ok ... but yah wats with the hole?
                            Gangsta lean, it's not all bad...

Comment

Originally posted by OwNaGe View Post
                              The whole is to release heat from the battery becuase the ROF is insane :p na joking i fell down a hill and it cracked so i thought i would make it look better
                              And im getting a crane stock soon. + thanks for the tip

Comment

Originally posted by tommyb View Post
                                Look what I picked up today! I love it, perfect for CQB!
                                Unsure on what sights to use on it yet, aimpoint?Eotech?Ironsights?
                                http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/6816/p1020451s.jpg
                                http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/3844/p1020452z.jpg
                                http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/4069/p1020459.jpg
                                I'd go with "none of the above" for the sights. Well maybe some flip ups just so it doesnt look naked.
                                Its not as if they'll be any use with a barrel so short.
                                Originally posted by amandla36 View Post
                                I'm in that camp too. I love AR15's but those are too stubby and practically useless anywhere apart from CQB.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Sam_s.o Find out more about Sam_s.o
                                Working...
                                X