This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pictures Of Your Guns

Might get the stock pad, not sure yet. I have a clone Kobra, but I need to take some metal off the mounts, it's really hard to slide onto the rail, and once it's on it involves hitting with a blunt object to get back off so I can close the stock.

"Superior Firepower: If it's not working, you're not using enough!"

Comment

Originally posted by dope_on_a_rope View Post
      Well, from an aesthetic point of view I'd be concerned at the choice of flip up front site with a hand guard that's designed to blend with the curves or the regular gas block fore-site. That and the fact the VST is already got a site on it, why do you need to give it an MBUS? Also, a real steel shooter might point out your flash hider is made for a 7.62 chambered rifle.

Of course, this is airsoft, and it's not about having a realistic gun at all. That's why I use a converted paintball marker.

When you're rifle is that good looking, it's the small things that make me hate it. Sorry for being picky.
      Its only an option I had in mind unless I can find a proper railed gas black that will fit with the MOE front grip, any ideas ?

I obviously want to use the front mbus as it fits with the magpul theme and they only come as a set so it would be waste a to pay so much for the set and end up only using the rear one.

The flash hider is just a stand in until my new DYTAC one arrives, Its only there because its fancy and I realized I didnt have a spare flash hider when I was putting it all together =D.
      > Gallery http://drake-uk.deviantart.com <

Comment

Got bored, had a fiddle

Sorry for the bad lighting but they were just quick pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Evansy View Post
          Got bored, had a fiddle
          wrong type of fiddle mate :P

but still nice simple magpul carbine
          Gangsta lean, it's not all bad...

Comment

haha, thats not the usual fiddle that comes to mind when i get bored
            nonetheless that is a great outcome from your boredom

Comment

It doesn't get much better than MAGPUL
              Trader Feedback:
              New Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5557
              Old Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9461-mj23lj

Comment

Originally posted by -Drake- View Post
                Its only an option I had in mind unless I can find a proper railed gas black that will fit with the MOE front grip, any ideas ?

I obviously want to use the front mbus as it fits with the magpul theme and they only come as a set so it would be waste a to pay so much for the set and end up only using the rear one.

The flash hider is just a stand in until my new DYTAC one arrives, Its only there because its fancy and I realized I didnt have a spare flash hider when I was putting it all together =D.
                You're forgiven the flash hider.

Having a magpul fore-site is always going to be a problem if you don't have RIS of some form. Generally on Magpul guns, people will use DD rails, and a low profile gas block. I think this works fine to be honest. The hand guards you have were designed more as a drop in replacement for the hand guards on a regular M4, and certainly look like they were designed for use with the regular fore site. So you've kinda got yourself stuck between 2 things there. To be honest, I wouldn't add the MBUS to this gun at all. The site aragement you have is grand. Also, with the black optic, to have a FDE rear-site would blend it to the receiver. Making it kinda lumpy, and ugly. I've never found colour coordinated irons to work on this kinda gun. I like the framing that the black offers, along with the black barrel and mag.

You have much conviction. You've totally swamped that gun in magpull, and I think you need to reconsider the use of those sites if you want to get something that flows well, and looks right. That's just my opinion though.
                sigpic
                Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
                I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

Well i'll make my mind up when they finally arrive if i'm honest it was a tough call between the mbus and a set of troy battle sights.

This is what gave me the VTS idea in the first place.

Its not mine obviously but i really liked the overall look and was curious to see how it would look in tan.

Its just a case of wait and see how it turns out.

Edit: Looking good Evansy I'm really likeing trades on the body.
                  > Gallery http://drake-uk.deviantart.com <

Comment

Looking at that I'm not sold on the idea of MBUS on the front. It just looks too bulky to me although it may look better with them folded.
                    I think I'm in the same boat as you now Drake. I want to put a railed gas block on my CQBR after trying the Vltor sight on it but finding a good front sight could be a problem. Maybe Troy will look better. I'm planning on getting a set for my DMR so I'll probably try them on the CQBR too.

Comment

it would be very nice in tan as long as the whole thing is tan not just the stock handgard and pistol grip.
                      Pure Plastic Pwnage

Comment

I could have sworn MAGPUL don't do Tan, but they do DE. I have a (now sold) MAGPUL accessorised M4 in DE...
                        Trader Feedback:
                        New Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5557
                        Old Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9461-mj23lj

Comment

Zero one took a large half of my bank balance yesterday..

New TM M14 + KA RAS + G&P aimpoint + 3 Pt sling
                          and 4 more mags for my glock, primary when I want to run! (and an M3)

The glock's slide isnt silver! It's just hte light!

Comment

My rifles, Scar doesn't actually work though, needs gutting and refilling with better stuff

The amount of fail on this forum is increasing. Stop it. Use the damn search function.

Comment

Drake could you please give me a little more info on the stock used on your m4

Comment

looks like a CTR stock.
                                I APOLOGISE IN ADVANCE IF I BREAK THE RULES.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Sam_s.o Find out more about Sam_s.o
                                Working...
                                X