We mp5a3 (a5) gbb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We mp5a3 (a5) gbb

Hi there, first post, and I thought I'd start off with something that I'd not seen on here, or generally featured online much at all!

Got this a few days ago, and I've not put it through a chrono yet, or skirmished it.

WE Call it an MP5A3, but it's the A5 that this has been based off.

It came with a 45 round "open front" magazine, and I've also got four 30 round "closed front" magazines.

Although this isn't licensed by HK, you still get the nice stamped "Kal. 9mm x 19" on the upper receiver.

Quick breakdown, nice and simple. Three pins, and it comes apart.

I don't believe the BCG is steel, and it's probably aluminium. I'll have to see how it holds up over time.

Spring and guide rod all appear nice and sturdy.

Upper receiver is all steel.

Hop up adjustment wheel.

Plastic lower receiver appears well made.

Trigger group and trigger aren't steel, and I only hope they aren't cheap pot metal... Once the aftermarket upgrades start coming I'll get this upgraded.

Spring guide at the back, attached to the part steel end plate. This is capped by a plastic part, which I'm not overly impressed with, but as long as it holds up I don't mind.

The stock itself is decent enough, a little wobble, and is made of metal (Butt stock is plastic). Again, time will tell if holds up.

All in all, I'm pretty impressed, I had to tighten up the front sight, as it was wobbling, and there is a little rattle from the charging handle, but I expect if they made the tolerances much tighter it wouldn't stand up too well to being "HK Slapped".
    Last edited by AJSawyer91; 8 April, 2015, 18:36.

About the Author

Collapse

AJSawyer91 Find out more about AJSawyer91
Working...
X