Cyma XM177

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyma XM177

Picked up the above a few wks ago and have been experimenting with different set ups for it ,
    have settled on this(for now ) old school Delta ‘operation Anaconda’ish DBAD32C9-D35F-4B60-B387-8A680EFD6E42.jpeg
    From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Nice, and you have the A1 receiver with the tear drop forward assist.
    I had a G&P VN receiver one, wish I'd never sold it.
    Personally I'd keep it purely a Vietnam version and look for the correct flash hider.
    If I'm correct, the Delta BHDs were a mix of rifles but all had the A3 upper receiver with the chunky adjustable rear sight. I've tried to build a 177 but can't get hold of the correct receiver without it costing a fortune. Have had to settle for a M727 (BHD) but love the VN mags over the 30 rounders.
    Attached Files
    Over 150 positive sales & trades on this and other forums!

Comment

My lovely 177. It was the A1 receiver version, it was my G&P M16 that had the VN receiver. Another I wish I'd never sold.
      Attached Files
      Over 150 positive sales & trades on this and other forums!

Comment

Nice looking carbine Druid. I've not seen them CYMA ones ip close but heard good things about them. I see you have the slim handguard on it. Must have bought that separately did you as they come with the chunky ones new I've heard? I've just bought a new set as spare from Ali Express for just over a tenner posted, will see what their like when arrive. The reviews on it were good on fitting to CYMA and CA I read. You can indeed do a number of impressions with the XM, the real delta used a mishmash of parts to suit their needs. I read in real life they just used the A1 style upper, sometimes with brass deflector sometimes not, but not the A2 upper with fancy rear sight, although the Rangers did use these. In the movie they were all A2 uppers with A1 lowers made from cut down full length rifles. If you wanted to make the Aimpoint look more 5000 like, all you need to do is put a 30mm tube at the back and add another scope ring. Not perfect but looks much better.

Again nice Carbine, I love these classic old school AR's

Richie

20210430_172229.jpg

Comment

They are indeed after service ones , a set of RS from ‘Brownells’ took about three’ish wks to arrive and feel absolutely rock sold when fitted , as I’m sure you know your self the feel of some real McKoy parts compared to Airsoft parts can be miles different in the feel ?
          and yes I am VERY impressed with the performance of the gun it’s self , I’ve always had a good relationship with Cyma guns(mainly AK’s) but I do feel Cyma have really stepped up their game with their Mosfet range and I’m more than happy to recommend them .
          From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

Some seriously good looking ‘shorts’!
            'Old school wood and steel, thats the way they were built in the good times!'

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.
              'Old school wood and steel, thats the way they were built in the good times!'

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

druid799 Old and not so bold ! Find out more about druid799
              Working...
              X