Diemaco L119A1 SFW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Diemaco L119A1 SFW

I'd always thought the heavier barrel was to make it easier to fire full auto for longer- better heat absorbtion and less recoil.

Edit: Murta beat me to it, though it's the front sight that's the bit reinforced for the UGL not the barrel

Comment

I am interested but I don't think you can't call them M4's(Ewww double negative). I admit they are not a M4's as such but a variation of.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
      A brain?
      Originally posted by snuff
      Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

you have a point with regard to a slightly heavier gauge barrel but thats not the answer.

Also im assuming that the comments re thread isnt aimed at me??
        The nomad only goes from point to point as a consequence and as a factual necessity: in principle, points for him are relays along a trajectory.” (Nomadology: The War Machine)

Comment

Originally posted by Montesa77 View Post
          M4's.

Comment

I am interested but I don't think you can't call them M4's(Ewww double negative). I admit they are not a M4's as such but a variation of.
            Nobody is denying that they are derived from the M4 - but M4s they are not.

It would be like calling a Type-56 an AK47. Nomenclature-wise, not to mention fine detail, they are not the same.

Comment

Ask any operator, particularly a British chap if he uses an M4 or Diemaco, i wont use the exact words you will get as a response but i think you can imagine ~#^£ off..
              The nomad only goes from point to point as a consequence and as a factual necessity: in principle, points for him are relays along a trajectory.” (Nomadology: The War Machine)

Comment

its a variant of the diemaco c8 which in turn is modeled on one of the older colt carbines rather than a m4 :P

cmon then muzzy hit us with it
                and they call them c8s or SFWs all the lads i know refer to them as that

Comment

The answer is quite simple and im being serious....its so that a bayonet can be used on the circa 16" barrel, honestly. sorry to disappoint

Comment

Not meaning to be 'that guy' but if you don't know anything about Diemacos, why comment in the diemaco thread? They're not a variant of M4s, they share similarities... pretty much it.

Muzzy that's interesting, never knew that.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzy View Post
                      The answer is quite simple and im being serious....its so that a bayonet can be used on the circa 16" barrel, honestly. sorry to disappoint
                      on the colt canada website it calls that peice of the barrel the grenade launcher mounting sleeve

http://www.coltcanada.com/sfw-page.htm

number 3 in the pic
                      It's not about you dying for your country...
                      Its about making your enemies die for theres

Comment

Originally posted by murta369 View Post
                        and they call them c8s or SFWs all the lads i know refer to them as that
                        Murta... always kicking back with "Regiment lads"...

(Sorry, couldn't resist!)

OT: • Hammer Forged Heavy Mid-Length Barrel. The long-life chrome lined cold hammer forged barrel is the most advanced and durable barrel available. The integrally forged special carbine chamber ensures consistency and accuracy over the life of the barrel. The heavy Barrel profile maintains zero with accessories fitted and provides extra thermal mass to dissipate heat during intensive firing. The sleeve permits direct fitting of several different grenade launcher systems.

Comment

you can use one anyway..?

and UP

no no not regiment lads (i was 1453 man on the balcony :P) but ones who got to toy with them on holiday

Comment

No worries mate, I'm just foolin'.

Comment

Nice m4 guys!

How much does it cost you guys to put this all together, i wasnt even aware there were SFW parts available like the barrel and even the rubber butt plate

didnt think their was a market for it.
                              because well..its an m4

Comment

With a G&P base, and striving for accuracy... about £600-700.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Panoptes Gunnoisseur [n] pron: ['gun-uh-sur', -soor'] [Purveyor of fine taste in firearms]. Find out more about Panoptes
                                Working...
                                X