Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 1911s + Variants

Originally posted by HitmanNo2 View Post
    They look identical to the pewter ones that came with the WA premium series 70s but in plastic? Interesting. I wonder if someone made a mould from them.
    They're made from resin apparently

Comment

I have a pair of those WA grips .. they are also plastic!!!

Wolf

Asahi WA2000
      WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

The WA S70 Premium grips were one set pewter type metal and one set plastic imitation ivory.

Comment

Well looks like the newer kits have them made of plastic!!

Wolf

Asahi WA2000
          WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

Cheeky WA. I don't care for them anyway. I flogged one pair to a guy in the US. Paid for a couple of mags heh.

Comment

Fitted a shaped hammer spring housing to mine, which makes it a lot nicer to grip, like the series 70. I actually thought it would make the double stacked grip a bit too large to hold, but it fits the hand perfectly now.

Also swapped out the 3 hole trigger for a flat type. Amazing the difference in feel from the trigger, it's only 1mm shorter than the 3 hole one I had, but feels a lot crisper

Comment

That looks nice. Very nice.

I keep getting so tempted to get myself another double stack .45, but i have very vivid memories of how much of a pig they were to holster. Shame.
                AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

I use a handmade Kydex one with mine. the torch is a X300 clone, really really decent for $45 as well. and the frame I cut the end of the 4.3 Hi capa frame, to look a bit more operator like.

My favourite pistol Ive ever used I think! Just wish Marui would make dull silver 1911 slides with different markings. Really want a silver slide and black barrel version of this

Comment

Ive developed a taste for G-Code these days, i own Kydex holsters but theyre a pig to fix to stuff and i really like the RTI Discs.

I do miss my HiCapas though. Had both a 4.3 and a 5.1 in my time and they shot like hammers. Brilliant pistols. Ive just taken a look at Mike Cripps stuff, and its tempting. Hes relatively cheap really.

Got an XDM at the moment, but its just not ticking all the boxes. Choices choices.
                    AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

I had an XDM, which turned out to be a duff. Sold it on for £100 and he still can't get it to work 100% and he's a gas tech who knows his stuff.

I do like Mike Cripps stuff. Especially those new Nova CDP kits...

Comment

It fires fine, and has all the bells and whistles. Could have bought another TM Recoil for the money. But its just not quite "there". Slightly regret selling my Sigs...

And yes, those Nova kits are lovely. Wish he still worked on Sigs, id buy another one with a PGC kit if i could.
                        AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

He's very fussy what he works on and won't tackle real custom work. Still the bolt together stuff he does is done well and as you say price isnlt bad for what it is.
                          The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

226s are pretty easy builds with PGC/Creation kits, simple switching out with minimal effort, I've built quite a few with no fitment issues.
                            As for the hi-capa above, it's a 2011 :p
                            Nova kits are gorgeous, I've 3 Nova kitted 1911s and I'm eyeing that last CDP kit Mike has :p must resist, 9 1911s enough, although 10 is fine round number :p

Comment

My TM MEU with Guarder TRP kit fitted:

Comment

Great looking TRP!!!

Here is my MEU and my recently acquired Hi-Capa

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Apurturesci Male Find out more about Apurturesci
                                Working...
                                X