1911 with rail and sight

20140311_150530.jpg20140311_150514.jpg20140311_150314.jpg

Comment

• Re: 1911s + Variants

Needs a lower profile sight!

Comment

C-More AWAY!
        -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
        -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

This is my work in progress for my mate!

This is how it started,

This is how it stands as of last night.

Jobs left are...
          Fix leaking mags.
          Fit silent o rings.
          Replace blow back spring/lube which ever is needed.
          Add laser.
          Polish bottom of the mags,
          Polish the trigger

Maybe silencer not decided yet.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
          sigpic

Comment

et voila

20140311_155646.jpg

Comment

That's more like it. You know what would be awesome? Drill 2 holes on the top of the slide to screw in the sight directly

Comment

If one of you sells me a lovely 1911....I promise to post pictures on here
                “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

Compact 1911 I'm building. Part MEU, Night Warrior, Detonics and bits from an old TM Centimeter Master NBB.

Comment

Looks good. How did you get a bomar on a detonics slide? Also, needs wood grips!

Comment

I quite literally chopped the slide up and filed a dovetail groove into the top of it. The Bo Mar is a cheap plastic unit from a TM NBB, so it's really easy to work with and attaches with a plastic dovetail rather than the usual TM 1911 style sight that slots in above the BBU. It's not a perfect fit (I filed too much away in most areas) but isn't too bad for a quick custom job.

Ideally I will find a TM Strike Warrior slide for it, which has a dotted front sight. Then I can do the same work to it but neater. Also need to gather the courage to slice into the grips, frame, mainspring housing to make a bobtail cut. Very unlikely it'll work, but if it did it would certainly be unique.

Comment

Hi Apurturesci,

Looks very nice.

Did you chop the frame, where the frame sits just under the front of the top slide or is that standard length. Also pls can you tell me the length of the top slide ?

ta

Comment

The slide is a Detonics one which is about 15 cm long overall with a 3.3" barrel. The frame was indeed cut back a little to look like it was made for the shorter Detonics slide.

Comment

Bobtail! Needs filler and paint, but the shape is there and it works fine.

Comment

Papa and mama Kimber, both TM and their adopted SA baby, WA based. Enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
                                Fitted a shaped hammer spring housing to mine, which makes it a lot nicer to grip, like the series 70. I actually thought it would make the double stacked grip a bit too large to hold, but it fits the hand perfectly now.

Also swapped out the 3 hole trigger for a flat type. Amazing the difference in feel from the trigger, it's only 1mm shorter than the 3 hole one I had, but feels a lot crisper

This is by far my favourite gun on zero in. Might have to "take inspiration" from you one of these when I've finished work on the meu :p
                                "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Apurturesci Male Find out more about Apurturesci
                                Working...
                                X