1911s + Variants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 1911s + Variants

Hi all, popped these photos on another forum a while back, might aswell share the love here.

Nova Springfield Operator 1911. All the controls are Nova, the barrel is a Detonator Storm Lake, the grips are RS with weights and the X300 is genuine. I might replace that for a SD threaded steel one if it ever becomes available again. The slide, frame and controls have been cerakoted black. This is a custom build by a friend.

Comment

So here is my Socom Gear Punisher 1911 post mods. A little cosmetic mods and Madbull Black Python tb for extra accuracy.

Comment

My Colt National Match Gold Cup collection............... Tricolore!!!!!

Wolf

Asahi WA2000
        WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

Tricolore..I like it
          Leave 52% Remain 48% UK VOTES OUT!

Comment

Might as well add to the pretties:

It's a TM MEU base with a Nova LA Vickers kit, plus lots of other Nova shiny bits, and a lot of Airsoft Surgeon internals. And I love her very much.
            102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

This pistol is playing on my mind, -Drake-! It looks so perfect, but I see that you posted elsewhere that it doesn't work well with the Osprey on it, and have been thinking about ways to fix that, with an eye on recreating something similar in Hi-Capa form unless the NOVA kits become available again. Can you somehow isolate the suppressor from the movement of the barrel (e.g. with a compensator-type barrel) to help the pistol cycle?

Comment

I imagine it would likely work fine with another brand of threaded outer barrel. The one currently fitted in mine is an old (long since discontinued) stainless steel shooters design one, which aside from being notably weighty; required a little fine adjustment to fit.

I don't think you would have the same issues with a decent barrel set that just drops in without modification.
                > Gallery http://drake-uk.deviantart.com <

Comment

Probably a super long guide rod would help keep it in check better than a compensator

Comment

Full Nova build Kimber Warrior

Wolf

Asahi WA2000
                    WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

Beautiful grips

Comment

Originally posted by -Drake- View Post
                        I imagine it would likely work fine with another brand of threaded outer barrel. [...] I don't think you would have the same issues with a decent barrel set that just drops in without modification.
                        Interesting... I would have thought 1911s and Hi-Capas (with their tilting barrels) would suppress very badly, especially with a heavy suppressor like the Osprey. That's why I thought a compensator-type outer barrel (isolating the suppressor from the weapon's action) might work better, as might one of those 'non-recoil' barrels for Hi-Capas.

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
                        Probably a super long guide rod would help keep it in check better than a compensator
                        I was thinking about creating a Hi-Capa equivalent (I'm distrustful of skinny magazines), so you're probably the person best-placed to know. It's surprisingly hard to find a railed-LDC 5.1" Hi-Capa frame; Nine Ball make one but it's aesthetically off; Freedom Art's 'long' 5.1 frame is close but they're out of stock everywhere and have been for some years, and it's not like I'll be seeing the NOVA kits back in stock anytime soon...

[EDIT]The alternative, of course, would be to have an 'SAS'-style gun with a fixed frame-mounted compensator. Freedom Art do make such items (the AccuComp systems, including a nifty-looking one for the Desert Warrior) which fix the inner barrels to the frame, allegedly improving the accuracy of the gun but most importantly completely isolating anything attached forward of that point (e.g., a whacking great Osprey suppressor) from the gun's mechanisms altogether. That way you could run a lengthy inner barrel all the way through the Osprey and not interfere with the gun's operation at all. Do you have any experience with such things?[/EDIT]
                        Last edited by PureSilver; 19 April, 2014, 18:57.

Comment

Here's the latest project completed- done for someone's birthday and you can see more at Knight's Airsoft Armoury on Facebook
                          custom1.jpgcustom2.jpgcustom3.jpgcustom4.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Also Custom TM Punishers :P
                          Punishers.jpgPunishers2.jpgPunishers3.jpgPunishers4.jpgPunishers5.jpg

Comment

This was done such a long time ago, I can't remember which kit it was at the time of typing - I need to have a think.
                            Anyway, it's CNC aluminium and great quality.

It's WA SCW3 based...

- - - Updated - - -

WA Wilson FBI Trial (Heavy weight), with what they called their "teflon" finish.

Comment

Love the Colt!!!!
                              Damn I've been wanting one like forever! I have to buy one!

Wolf

Asahi WA2000
                              WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

Folk are going daft for LDC Springfields at the moment, might be time to sell mine (or not :p)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Apurturesci Male Find out more about Apurturesci
                                Working...
                                X