1911s + Variants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 1911s + Variants

And finished! Wood grips only cost $5! Pretty happy with it, especially since the grand total is under £65!

Comment

Nice,

I've always liked bobbed 1911's..

Comment

I'm nowhere near the standard if most of you guys but thought I would share this. I picked up a bundle of 1911 bits on Facebook and in it were these wooden grips. They had been hand painted in a nasty thick, rubbery varnish/paint so decided to have a play. I decided on the thumb and finger grooves and they add a little something. I'm going to add a bit of detail under the thumb side and oil them up at some point.

My biggest fear is that if I die, my mrs will sell of my airsoft kit for what I told her I paid!

WANTED:- WE Hicapa and 1911 parts. PM me if you have anything to offer.

Comment

I do wish Marui had made their original 1911 black instead of grey. If anyone's got a mint condition series 70 slide, is be very interested.

Out of interest, had anyone else tried using a series 70 outer barrel in any other slides? The one I had wasn't actually round, which kept causing it to jam as the slide came back. Had to file off a small section from the top (where the black patch is) to get it round like the original 1911 barrel!

Comment

Like that! And I like the grey! Have to be honest though and say that I'm not a fan of the tactical grips.. In my opinion, wooden grips belong on a 1911 of that style

Comment

But it's a hicapa with a 1911 slide... I love the grips myself!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Comment

No Choice as its a Hi capa frame. What I really want, is for someone to make a Hi Capa grip, thats just a skeleton on the sides, and lets you attach normal 1911 grips to it. That would be super!

Comment

Don't get me wrong! I love the grips - perhaps 'I'm not too keen on the slide and grip combo' would be more accurate - then again, it does look really nice! I can't make my mind up! :D

I've got a cheap KJW 1911a1 and it frustrates me to hell that it doesn't have trades.. I really like the slide, has made me want to change mine.

Is it the TM plastic one? Or an aftermarket?

Comment

plastic TM one!

Comment

Oh right! Looks great!

Comment

• 1911s + Variants

WE 1911A1 Lower Frame
                        KJW 1911MEU Slide
                        RS wood grips
                        No changes internally (yet!)

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
                          What I really want, is for someone to make a Hi Capa grip, thats just a skeleton on the sides, and lets you attach normal 1911 grips to it.
                          We are so overdue this... Aluminium, please.

Comment

Why not just get a Para Ordnance then?
                            The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
                              Why not just get a Para Ordnance then?
                              Exactly what I was about to say. I'm tempted to do a build with a KJW Para Ord frame, Houge wood P14 grips and a fancy metal slide. More practical than a 1911, but not as ugly or plasticy as a Hi Capa.

Comment

I'm under the impression that the only companies which make a double-stack 1911 frame which take removable grip panels are WE (P14) and KJW (P14) - am I wrong? And the grip panels aren't the same size as regular 1911 ones, and the WE's only sort-of TM compatible and the KJW's a straight clone of the WA?

Newer KJW and other 'Para-Ordnance' guns (possibly excepting the WA) have integral grips, right?
                                Last edited by PureSilver; 7 May, 2014, 19:36.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Apurturesci Male Find out more about Apurturesci
                                Working...
                                X