Colt M4 & Variants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colt M4 & Variants

I bet you are! Surely its the people who did the works fault? You shouldn't have to spray it?? If they said the metal was good enough then surely you can get them somehow?

Comment

My youtube channel

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
        I bet you are! Surely its the people who did the works fault? You shouldn't have to spray it?? If they said the metal was good enough then surely you can get them somehow?
        Im going to phone them today see what they say they should at least buy me the paint?
        Custom g&p mk18 mod1 cqb------tm glock 17 custom------king arms sig 556 shorty------tm tactical master berreta m9------magpul pts masada------WA gbb m4a1------WE sig P226R------KWA mp9A3------tm p226 e2------kwa mp7a1------systema ptw L119A1.

Comment

I reckon they will blame the component material for the end result mate, is it meant to be a high grade aluminium?

Comment

Just the standard WA body i rekon its because the metal is cast and its to porous?
            Custom g&p mk18 mod1 cqb------tm glock 17 custom------king arms sig 556 shorty------tm tactical master berreta m9------magpul pts masada------WA gbb m4a1------WE sig P226R------KWA mp9A3------tm p226 e2------kwa mp7a1------systema ptw L119A1.

Comment

Nope they shouldnt just buy you the paint. They should get you a new body, or at least give you the funds for one! I presume they said to you before they did it the metal was good enough to be coated? In which case its their fault...

Comment

They didnt say anything they just said it could be done.

Comment

Well it hasnt been done properly!!

Comment

The quality manager is giving me a call inabit so see what he says.

Comment

Right so this is as far as Ive got....

Still needs a G&P Magpul upper receiver, mag catch, rear body pin and a 12'' outer barrel.
                      Pretty happy with how its looking so far.

Comments, criticism and suggestions always welcome.

Gaz

Three reasons to stand up: 1. To get the remote 2. To go to the bathroom 3. Because you’re the real slim shady

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by hapi View Post
                          I reckon they will blame the component material for the end result mate, is it meant to be a high grade aluminium?
                          That will be my guess too - all they do is supply the coating, not the product.

Originally posted by NEWT View Post
                          Just the standard WA body i rekon its because the metal is cast and its to porous?
                          How was it originally coated? If it was originally anodised then it could have been done somehow. Was the original colour hard as nails, or just paint?

Originally posted by Delta View Post
                          Nope they shouldnt just buy you the paint. They should get you a new body, or at least give you the funds for one!
                          Unlikely they'll give him a new body - the stuff he will have signed will preclude them from liability except in case of negligence, which this probably isn't - but they may be persuaded to waive the fee. It depends on what assurances they offered that this would work. Really sorry to see this hasn't worked, NEWT. If you have a look on GGi there are other people there doing anodising stuff; they may be able to tell you about the stock WA body.

Comment

They eventualy rang me back yesterday eavning, they said that they apolgise i wasnt informed it didnt take before i collected and paid for it (my girlfriend picked it up) and they did try it a couple of times, and i said im just annoyed that i havnt got what i wanted (all of it anyway) its still anodized just not coloured, they are going to give it another go free of charge, if that doent work looks like its going to be painted.

Comment

That pretty decent of them to try again. Hope it works out.

Comment

Not holding my breath, it seems my parts from HK have got here fast than its taken to anodize 2 bits of metal lol oh well the build it almost complete will get a pic and list of parts (most WA/g&p) when i got em

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

NitroJoe I love lamp. Find out more about NitroJoe
                                Working...
                                X