• Show
Clear All

• Re: Colt M4 & Variants

new optics set up

RS aimpoint (not military grade) and a clone 3x magnifier

Comment

• Re: Colt M4 & Variants

Real Steel ?

I think someone was pulling your leg, the real comp4 has "aimpoint" engraved on both sides. D=
      > Gallery http://drake-uk.deviantart.com <

Comment

• Re: Colt M4 &amp; Variants

i have realised that now when i did some googleing, still was a good price for the pair

Comment

You should pick up Dytac's medium QD larue mount for it as they're mines better (and look cooler) than the standard turn bolt medium mount that comes on it.

They're cheap too at like $40.
          > Gallery http://drake-uk.deviantart.com <

Comment

Originally posted by -Drake- View Post
            Real Steel ?

I think someone was pulling your leg, the real comp4 has "aimpoint" engraved on both sides. D=
            It's possible it might be a copy made for an actual firearm, rather than a copy for airsoft only, so it could still technically be "real steel".

Also BOINK

G&G GR16 R4 Commando.

Shame it shredded the piston on the first day Oh well, after-sales service from AH has been good so far. Here's hoping I can actually use it soon

Comment

it does have aimpoint written on each side. but it is a clone however

that is very nice chris, id loose the sound amplifier (?) on the front

Comment

It's a sound amp from my aksu and yeah, it came off after that because having a small but chunky lump of metal right on the end of your gun weighs it down way more than any RIS accessory.

Comment

Tm Socom for the win =)

---- We love airsoft... every day! ----

Comment

not too sure about the random colour difference for the ris. But its nice nonetheless any trouble getting the ris to fit?
                    TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Yea, I guess I will change stock and grip to FDE someday.
                      The colour contrast is not as bright though, as it only looks so glossy from the flash.
                      A tan Eotech 553 would fit nicely as well, but I don't have the money for the real one and don't want to buy a clone. I hope someday there will be pmags for the Socom, converting real ones is possible but expensive and take some time to do. (I did one once, though I lost it)

The threads of the RIS do fit fine, though there are two little problems.
                      The first one is the upper rail that is slightly too long, about 1 or 2 mm, leaving a small gap between the two lower parts where the screws are located. This means that if you tighten the screws, the whole rail would be facing slightly downwards. Though that will be easily fixed by sanding the upper rail down.

The other problem is a design flaw. The barrel nut ring clamps both the rail and the barrel to the upper receiver at the same time. This means that always either the barrel or the rail will wobble unless the barrel nut ring will clamp both of them exactly equal tight.
                      There are some spacer rings availible to make this possible, but it will take a bit of trial and error to find the right number of shims.
                      http://eagle6.co.uk/shop/first-facto...m4-series.html
                      Last edited by Vader; 24 March, 2011, 19:07.
                      ---- We love airsoft... every day! ----

Comment

you should respray it with krylon or something

it will kills the nice marking though...

Comment

i come to this page when im sad.. it just makes me so happy :'(

Comment

Bits added, ascu, crispy semi response, 3burst, full auto capable, and some cosmetics!
                            sigpic

Comment

Comment

My not too bright or bad looking two tone IMO, now rear wired though...and the moment the elite regulars realize you know how to actually use it, is worth having to put up with two tone :D
                                Have I told you about my agitated lactose based beverage? It brings all the young chaps to the playing field...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

NitroJoe I love lamp. Find out more about NitroJoe
                                Working...
                                X